The Slate RAVEN Z Series of Multi-Touch Production Consoles offer a state of the art workflow center for the Elite Modern Studio. Choose from two models, the full-size Z3 or Z3C, this more compact offering. Both models feature a center 46” multi-touch panel and two 27" multi-touch panels along with the Slate Control fully analog monitoring system. The Z3 series can be configured according to the client's needs with specific rack spaces and locations, custom colors, and much more.
Having three world class multi-touch panels allows engineers, producers and artists to have an extremely versatile workflow with a variety of options. Some configurations can work as follows:
- Two screens dedicated to main studio DAW, one screen dedicated to an auxiliary station that can be launched from a client laptop
- Left workstation dedicated to Virtual Instrument/Composition machine, then digitally connected to another machine featuring a mix window and edit window on the other screens
- Post Audio Mixing using multiple synced machines with multiple operators
- One screen for main mix, another for edit, another to store plugin racks or video display
- With the extremely powerful RAVEN 3.0 Software for Pro Tools, Logic, Ableton Live, Digital Performer, Cubase, Nuendo and Studio One, the RAVEN Z3 presents a new world of speed, creativity, and efficiency
The Slate Control:
The Slate Control is a 100% Analog Monitoring System designed by legendary pro audio designer Paul Wolff. The Slate Control has been designed to provide uncompromised sonic clarity while delivering all of the necessary features studios need from a “center section” of a classic console.
- 8 Stereo inputs & 8 stereo outputs
- 3 Speaker Sources with LFE Enable per speaker pair
- 2 Stereo Cue Outputs to go to Headphone Amps
- Talk Back system with built in mic and “Talkback Presets” to independently send talkback to specified outputs
- CAL Mode to pre-set a reference level to listen at
- LFE Output with LPF & Crossover Point, Phase and Level
- DB25 Connections for Inputs and Outputs
- DB9 Connections for VU Aux and Talkback Aux
- Powered USB 2.0 inputs x2
- 33mm audio Jack for direct referencing from a device with 33mm headphone output
- Displays: One (1) 46” LED display, Two (2) 27” LED displays
- Slate Control Fully Analog Stereo Monitoring System (2RU + Control Module)
- Built to order RAVEN Z3 Desk
- Custom cable management trough along the rear of the desk and hollowed-out legs for hidden cabling
- Optional Rack slots in a variety of configurations (Z3 only)
- Stock Colors include black or white in satin or gloss finish. Custom Colors Available (ask your dealer for options and cost)
RAVEN 3.0 now adds customized multi-touch control of Ableton Live, Cubase/Nuendo, Digital Performer, Logic Pro X, Pro Tools 10-12, and Studio One V3 on Mac as well as the first Windows compatibility for Pro Tools 10-12.
The RAVEN Toolbar:
In Toolbar mode, the RAVEN Toolbar is anchored directly in front of your hands at the base of the touch display. Your DAW controls are where you want them: Transport, Edit/Mix window selector – convenient tools for tracking too, like Record Looping, Click, Create Group, and Undo. Use intuitive multi-touch gestures on the RAVEN NAVPAD to perform Scrub/Shuttle, Waveform Zoom, Track Zoom, and Track Banking, and RAVEN Batch Commands. Best of all, because the RAVEN Toolbar is virtual, it’ s user-customizable – put the controls you want where you want them.
FADERS 3.0 are the newest multi-touch faders that allow the most precise control of your DAW faders. By integrating multi-touch 100mm virtual faders directly into each DAW, the engineer has seamless control over mix levels and automation. The new 3.0 algorithm gives the faders a virtual ‘ feel’ that allows an intuitive feeling action that is comfortable and even fun to use. And for the most critical automation, FINE FADER mode can quadruple the resolution of the faders so you can get even the most minute moves down in the first pass with ease and perfection.
The RAVEN Batch Command System:
The RAVEN Batch Command System is a true revolution in control. The BCS is a series of preset and customizable buttons that can execute up to 1,000 key commands and mouse clicks automatically. With just one button, BCS allows you to create instant headphone sends, name tracks, put entire drum tracks on the grid, export stems, and so much more! The BCS comes pre-programmed with 100 preset batch commands in every supported DAW, with layouts for Music, Mastering, Post Production and more. Record your own mouse click automation or program user commands with the QUICKLIST, which features hundreds of predefined DAW operations. Just touch and hold on a Batch Command button to edit, and you’ ll have access to almost limitless possibilities.
Slate Remote revolutionizes your workflow in ways you must experience to believe. Slate Remote is a free app for iOS users, available at the app store to anyone with a RAVEN Z3. Slate Remote automatically synchronizes with your RAVEN session via wifi network and gives you access to your custom Batch Commands, allowing it to remotely perform time-saving tasks for you from the palm of your hand.
- Pro Tools 10-12
- Logic Pro X
- Ableton Live
- Cubase 8
- Nuendo 7
- Studio One V3
- Digital Performer 8 and 9
Windows: Coming Soon... (Pro Tools Summer 2016)
Supporting Operating Systems:
- 10.7.5 – 10.10.5
- OSX 10.11 (Public Beta)
Windows 7-10: Coming soon... (Summer 2016)
This listing is for the white gloss version Z3C.