Great for setting lead vocals in the perfect sweet spot in the mix, and on most instruments, and across the mix buss. Limit and compress at the same time!
- Gain make up: 0 to 20 dBm
- Separate Limit and Compress switches
- Ratio: more than 100:1
- Level: adjustable from +4 dBm to +15 dBm in increments of 0.5 dBm
- Attack time: 100 ms, 1ms
- Recovery time: 50 ms, 100 ms, 200 ms, 800 ms, Auto 1 & 2
- Ratio: 1.5:1, 2:1, 3:1, 4:1, 6:1.
- Threshold: -20 to +10 dBm in 2 dB increments
- Attack time: fixed 5ms
- Recovery time: 100 ms, 400 ms, 800 ms, 1500 ms, Auto 1 & 2
Shep Associates was started by Derek Stoddart, one of the five original engineers who worked for Rupert Neve at his home-based factory in England.
Some years after resigning from Neve in 1976, Shep Associates was created, after Derek got numerous requests to modify Neve consoles. With many ex-Neve employees at Shep, there was plenty of experience with the Neve consoles and modules.
Shep and Neve worked out a licensing agreement which allowed Shep to build the classic Neve modules in order to do custom work on their vintage consoles. This included doing a mod to convert 1073 modules to 4-band with the addition of a switched high frequency band as well as an overlapping presence band.
Hand-built to the highest standards, all Shep modules are fully discrete, and use original style components wherever possible.