The Sennheiser MKH 70 is a lightweight long gun microphone. Its excellent directivity is particularly suited to applications undertaken in difficult conditions, such as high background noise and distance microphone positioning. Its frequency-independent directivity prevents sound coloration from off-axis sound sources.
Super-cardioid/lobar (long gun) interference tube microphone with infra-sonic cut-off filter, switchable pre-attenuation, switchable roll-off filter and switchable treble emphasis. Frequency response 50 – 20,000 Hz, sensitivity (free field, no load) 50 (15) mV/Pa at 1 kHz, nominal impedance 150 Ω, min. terminating impedance 1 kΩ, equivalent noise level Aweighted 5 (13) dB, CCIR-weighted 16 (24) dB, max. SPL 124 (132) dB at 1 kHz, phantom powering 48 ± 4 V, supply current 2 mA, dimensions Ø 25 x 410 mm, weight 180 g. Values in parentheses with attenuator switched on (–10 dB).
- Exceptionally low inherent self-noise
- Transformerless and fully floating balanced output
- Infra-sonic cut-off filter
- Symmetrical transducer technology ensures extremely low distortion
- Switchable pre-attenuation, switchable roll-off filter and switchable treble emphasis
- Rugged and weather-proof
- Black, anodized light metal body