The Schoeps SuperCMIT 2U with MINI-DA42 packages the SuperCMIT Digital Shotgun Microphone with the MINI-DA42 power box. The SuperCMIT incorporates a unique design and approach to minimizing extraneous noise, increasing range and retaining the transparency and integrity of the source audio. The SuperCMIT features a dual output signal, coupled with digital signal processing for excellent noise diffusion and pristine transparency.
In addition the microphone features a low-frequency roll-off switch, high frequency gain switch and increased directivity switch for maximizing range. The Schoeps SuperCMIT is at home on a boompole or pistol grip mount, and is very well suited for ENG / EFP, broadcast applications, audio for video and motion picture, sound design applications and more.
The MINI-DA42 serves for powering digital microphones and for converting their output signals to analog. It offers the ability to operate digital microphones at devices which only offer analog inputs.
Inputs include: AES42, Mode 1 (XLR-3F, 110 Ohms, black label)
Outputs (available through included Sub-D breakout cable) include: AES3 (XLR-3M, 110 Ohms, blue label) & 2 × analog (XLR-3M, yellow and red label), balanced, referring to ground, maximum cable length: 300 m. SuperCMIT 2U
• New type of digital shotgun microphone with increased directivity, based on Schoep’s extremely successful analog model CMIT 5
• Diffuse sound is suppressed to an extraordinary degree
• Completely new operating principle with two transducers
• Uses digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms from Illusonic
• Two-channel output, with SuperCMIT signal in channel 1 and (direct, single-transducer) CMIT signal in channel 2