The Schoeps Mini-DA42
serves for powering digital microphones (especially the SuperCMIT) and for converting their output signals to analog. It allows to operate digital microphones at devices which only offer analog inputs.
- Inputs: AES42, Mode 1 (XLR-3F, 110 Ohms, black label)
- Outputs (available through included Sub-D breakout cable):
- AES3 (XLR-3M, 110 Ohms, blue label)
- 2 × analog (XLR-3M, yellow and red label), balanced, referring to ground, maximum cable length: 300 m
- Indicators: Green LED for power; red LED for "unlocked" (turns off when a digital microphone is connected and the circuitry of the Mini-DA42 locks on to that signal).
- Power: DC 12 - 18 V / 200 - 500 mA, available through included AC adapter (type designation: VMS-DCW) for 100 - 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz with HIROSE plug.
- Operation is also possible with other AC adapter models or batteries / rechargeable batteries.
- Dynamic range of the Mini-DA42:
- 112 dB (A, RMS), >98dB (CCIR, q-peak)
- Dynamic range of the SuperCMIT with the Mini-DA42:
- >107 dB (A, RMS), >96dB (CCIR, q-peak)
Includes 15-pin to (4) XLR-3 cable, AES-42 In, AES-3 and (2) analog outs