The Schoeps Decca Tree Set 2S consists of the following items:
- 3× CCM 2S Lg compact microphone (2× matching)
- 3× KA 40 sphere attachment
- A common wooden box
The CCM 2S exhibits a slight high-frequency emphasis for frontal sound incidence, with only a slight rolloff of high frequencies off axis and in the reverberant sound field.
The frequency response characteristic of the CCM 2S falls between that of the CCM 2 and the CCM 3, making this microphone suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Omnidirectional pattern
- Slight high-frequency rise to compensate for losses at moderate recording distances
- For a very wide range of recording applications
- Often preferred for “spaced microphone” stereo pickup and “Decca Tree” arrangements