The Schoeps CCM 41V Ug, like the CCM 41, is useful in all situations with music or speech, either as “spot“ microphones or as overall directional microphones. How ever, this type of microphone is addressed from the side.
It excels particularly in the constancy of its polar response throughout the audio spectrum. As a result, sound within 90º on either side of the main axis is picked up with virtually no alteration of frequency response or tone color. This is strongly evident with sound sources that are in motion, but is also of great benefit in obtaining stable, precise stereo imaging for normal music recordings.
U versions of CCM microphones come with a permanently attached cable.
- Supercardioid with especially consistent directionality throughout its frequency range
- “Vertical” (side-addressed) supercardioid capsule
- For a very wide range of recording applications
- High directivity, comparable to that of a short “shotgun“ microphone up through midrange frequencies
- Often preferred for use in music and speech recording, as a spot microphone and also as a main microphone, especially when using the OCT recording method