The Schoeps CCM 4V was created in answer to requests for a cardioid with its main axis along the side. In addition to its usefulness in the concert hall, this microphone type is of particular value in speech recording, since its slight emphasis around 10kHz helps to improve intelligibility.
The directional response is especially well maintained even at higher frequencies, due to the acoustically transparent housing. There is less high-frequency emphasis of off-axis sound than occurs with most small, axial-response cardioids.
The CCM 4V may be easier to use in near-coincident setups than the CCM 4: the microphone bodies do not get in each other's way.
- Vertical (side-addressed) cardioid capsule
- Suitable for a very wide range of recording applications
- Slight high-frequency emphasis
- Often preferred for singing or speaking voices and most instruments
- Classic condenser microphone that does not require electronic frequency response correction
- Balanced, low-impedance output
- Small and light
- Extremely flat frequency response
- Sound is extensively independent of direction
- Low noise and distortion
- 12V and 48V phantom feed power supplies
- Can be used with very long cables (over 100 meters)