The Schoeps CCM 4 is their best-selling compact microphone. It offers the highest sound quality, flat frequency response, optimal rejection of rear-incident sound, and a directional pattern that remains constant throughout the audio frequency range. In the diffuse sound field it shows only a mild rise around 10kHz, the sonic impression thus remains free of coloration even when sound is arriving from all sides at once. The sonic impression is thus free of coloration whether sound is arriving at the front or at the sides of the microphone, as well as for diffuse sound (reverberation) in a room.
For those who dare to use their ears rather than just their eyes when choosing a vocal microphone, a CCM 4 compact microphone can be a remarkable instrument. It is often preferred by opera singers and other trained vocalists. But its natural, transparent character also suits it very well for use in pop and rock applications, on stage or in the studio, where equalization is a part of the plan. A microphone with a clear, neutral sound quality provides the ideal point of departure whenever special “coloring” is needed.
- Classic cardioid
- Suitable for the widest range of applications, either as a spot microphone or for stereo recording with coincident, ORTF or M/S microphone arrangements
- Consistent directionality throughout its frequency range
- Often preferred for singing or speaking voices and most instruments
- Classic condenser microphones that do not require electronic frequency response correction
- Balanced, low-impedance output
- Small and light
- Extremely flat frequency response
- Sound is extensively independent of direction
- Low noise and distortion
- 12 V and 48 V phantom feed power supplies
- Can be used with very long cables (over 100 meters)