The Schoeps CCM 2S has proven particularly useful in two- and three-microphone stereo arrays, where its placement near the reverberation radius of the sound field presents a sonically balanced pickup favored by many recording engineers. This model has become our most popular pressure transducer.
For spaced microphone (“A/B”) stereo recording and especially the “Decca Tree” method, KA 40 accessory spheres are recommended.
The frequency response characteristic of the CCM 2S falls between that of the CCM 2 and the CCM 3, making this microphone suitable for a wide range of applications.
- Omnidirectional pattern
- Slight high-frequency rise to compensate for losses at moderate recording distances
- Great for a very wide range of recording applications
- Often preferred for “spaced microphone” stereo pickup and “Decca Tree” arrangements
- Condenser microphones that do not require electronic frequency response correction
- Balanced, low-impedance output
- Small and light
- Extremely flat frequency response
- Sound is extensively independent of direction
- Low noise and distortion
- Powered by 12 V and 48 V phantom feed power supplies
- Can be used with very long cables (over 100 meters)