The Rycote Windshield Kit 4 is suitable for shotgun microphones from 211mm up to 280mm in length and 19-34mm diameter with a 3-pin XLR connector such as the Sennheiser MKH 416, MKH 60 and Schoeps CMIT 5U.
- Flexible, complete windshield and suspension package, which provides varying levels of windshielding for numerous microphone configurations
- The iconic Windshield Kit is the industry standard, and leads the way in windshielding and suspension technology
- Ideal for popular mics such as Sennheiser MKH 416 and Schoeps CMIT 5U. See compatibility tab for full list of mics
A Modular Windshield Kit is comprised of the following three main components: Modular Suspension, Modular Windshield and Windjammer.
Rycote suspensions provide complete isolation against handling noise and cable-borne noises, by supporting the microphone in a cradle arrangement using Lyre suspension webs.
The Windshield basket completely surrounds the microphone and its connector, sliding onto the Modular Suspension to provide up to 30dB of wind noise attenuation. This is the first layer of windshielding protection for your microphone.
The Windjammer introduced by Rycote in 1985, is high quality synthetic fur covers, designed to fit perfectly over the Modular Windshield. It gives an additional 20dB of wind noise attenuation. Fitted with a drawstring & toggle to allow snug and easy fitting. Modular Windshield Kits, including zipped Windjammer are also available on request.
- Windshield Body Length: 330mm
- Total Windshield Length: 440mm (includes the End Caps)
- Height of Windshield 100mm
- Net Weight: 0,7kg
- Gross Weight: 1.46
- Windjammer Fur Length: 40mm
- Windjammer Fur Colour: Grey
- Microphone Connector: XLR-3F
- Max Wind-noise Attenuation: 50 dB