The Rycote Super-Softie Windshield, made with Rycote's new material 3D-Tex™, combines superb wind noise reduction with excellent acoustic transparency.
The Super-Softie retains the excellent wind noise reduction of a conventional cavity windshield but allies it to a novel aerodynamic shape and surface structure, and to a new material - 3D-Tex™ - which combines excellent acoustic transparency with superb attenuation of wind noise. It has no rigid internal structure, so causes virtually no polar pattern distortion and is extremely robust in challenging environments such as news-gathering.
If it becomes rain-soaked it can be squeezed out and shaken dry very quickly, and if it becomes coated with dust it can be rinsed quickly without affecting its performance.
The shape and structure of the Super Softie allow it to reduce wind noise at extreme LF and infrasonic frequencies - where the greatest wind energy lies - more efficiently than previous designs.
- Novel shape and 3D-Tex give greatly improved wind noise reduction compared to conventional “soft" windshields
- A true cavity design, with superb performance at extreme low frequencies (where wind noise is worst)
- A rough-service windshield, robust enough for the most challenging news-gathering situations
- High immunity to rain-soaking, and maintains excellent acoustic transparency in almost all situations
- Internal bore diameter: 24/25mm mics
- Internal bore length: 180mm
- Overall Length: 240mm
- Minimum diameter: 70mm
- Maximum diameter: 100mm
- Weight: 105 grams