For several years, Rycote InVision mounts have been available for narrow-barrelled shotgun and stick microphones in broadcast and videography applications, but not until 2010, and the release of the striking Universal Studio Mount (USM) was there an InVision shock-mount capable of accommodating large-diaphragm recording microphones for use in recording studios.
Like the other InVision mounts, the Rycote USM-L makes use of Rycote's patented vibration-resistant Lyre mount, but on this mount the W-shaped Lyres are placed around a central mounting ring with adjustable fasteners, allowing the USM to accommodate microphone between 18 and 55 mm in diameter, and up to 400 grammes in weight.
The Rycote USM updates the concept of the microphone suspension for the 21st century, completely omitting any elasticated parts and using modern materials to create a virtually indestructible shock-mount with a performance that far outstrips that of the humble 'cat's cradle' suspension. In controlled tests at the Rycote factory, the USM provided up to twice the isolation of traditional microphone suspension systems.
- Fits any large-diaphragm recording microphone with a diameter between 18 and 55mm
- Complete Pop Filter and Suspension System
- USM offers up to 12dB better isolation against unwanted vibrations
- Pop Filter provides up to 20dB pops and thumps attenuation, with no HF loss
- Suitable for Large Diaphragm recording microphones
- Mic diameters: 18-55 mm
- Microphone length: up to 300 mm
- Maximum Weight (vertical): 750 g (26.5 oz)
- Maximum weight (horizontal): 250 g (17.6 oz)
- Suspension Rotation (maximum): 175%
- Height: 70mm
- Length: 170mm
- Width: 120mm
- Net Weight: 0.16