Three bands of EQ inspired by Rupert Neve’s most prized vintage designs. Class A gain blocks. Custom-wound inductors and transformers. The Rupert Neve Designs 551 brings the thick lows, powerful midrange and sweet highs of Rupert’s classic inductor EQs to the compact 500 Series format for the very first time.
So, what are inductors? They’re wires wound around a coil that provide a form of frequency-dependant resistance. When they saturate, they bring out beautifully musical harmonics that give your tracks the smooth, polished sound that has made Rupert’s consoles and equipment so desirable for over fifty years. This is an EQ with a truly vintage soul.
Functions & Specs:
- EQ IN: Engages all bands of EQ except HPF
- HF [LEVEL]: Adjusts +/-15dB at selected high frequency
- 8K / 16K: switch out = 8 kHz HF center/corner frequency switch in = 16 kHz HF center/corner frequency
- HF PEAK: switch out = shelf mode, 6dB/octave switch in = peak/bell mode
- MID FREQ: 200Hz, 350Hz, 700Hz, 1.5kHz, 3kHz, 6kHz
- MID [LEVEL]: +/-15dB at selected mid frequency
- MF HI Q: switch out = wide Q (~2) switch in = narrow Q (~3.5)
- LOW FREQ: 35Hz, 60Hz, 100Hz, 220Hz
- LO PEAK: switch out = shelf mode, 6dB/octave switch in = peak/bell mode
- LF [LEVEL]: +/-15dB at selected low frequency
- HPF: switch out = high-pass filter bypassed switch in = 12dB/octave @ 80Hz
- POWER: +/-16V supplied by 500 Series rack