The Roswell Pro Audio RA-VO Voice Over Microphone was designed specifically for voiceover.
Roswell worked with Jordan Reynolds, a professional voiceover talent and audio producer, to develop this microphone. They tested multiple capsule types, circuits, and tunings, over multiple iterations, until they found a microphone that made Jordan put his former go-to VO mic ($1049 MSRP) back in its box for good.
Jordan writes, "There is just nothing harsh or shrill about this mic. It is, hands down, the most flat and natural sounding mic I've ever heard on my voice... I am super in love with this mic. Infatuated!"
The RA-VO borrows its core architecture from our Aurora condenser, because we wanted the extremely low noise floor (~6dBA) and low distortion of that platform, to keep the hiss and clutter out of your voice tracks. Roswell have changed numerous parts and values to optimize the circuit for voice applications, notably including a hardwired high-pass filter to prevent the need to employ rumble filters to combat proximity effect.
The microphone's native frequency response is essentially flat, with just a hint of presence boost in the upper octaves. This non-hyped response allows the mic to take EQ well, should some of your voices need such treatment.
The RA-VO ships with a Rycote InVision shock mount and an airtight, waterproof, US-made (SKB) road case.
- Frequency response tailored for voice capture
- Internal Cardioid/Omni pattern switch
- High sensitivity, low noise
- Distinctive styling with textured powdercoat finish
- Unhyped response eliminates need for de-esser
- Low-noise circuit greatly reduces hiss and white noise in recorded tracks
- Circuit tuning reduces rumble, mechanical vibration noise, and bass boost from proximity effect