When introduced in 2006 the TTM57SL broke ground as the first ever DJ mixer with built-in USB sound card and tightly integrated Serato software controls. When discontinued in 2013, the TTM57SL had developed a cult-like following.
The Rane TTM57mkII stays true to its original design by supporting familiar workflow while improving performance and software integration. Updated software controls include silicone RGB backlit pads for triggering four cue points per deck or the SP-6 sampler. Classic joystick controls toggle slip, instant doubles, internal mode, censor, and transform. Dedicated auto-loop & loop roll controls with back-lit buttons. Intuitive Serato DJ iZotope FX controls for easy & quick access.
The mixer features Rane's exclusive dual USB port architecture for intuitive DJ change over and supports creative dual computer applications. The TTM57mkII is a classic reborn.
Key improvements include:
- Dual USB 2.0 high-speed class-compliant audio and MIDI USB ports:
- No driver required on a Mac
- High-performance ASIO driver for Windows
- Ten record and ten playback channels per port
- Sample rates of 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz and 96 kHz.
- Dedicated Serato DJ iZotope USB FX inserts for each deck.
- Software color-coded silicone RGB back-lit pads.
- Aux USB input dedicated to the SP-6 sampler.
- 3 High/Low-Pass sweep filters for Decks 1, 2 and Aux.
- Rane’s proprietary non-contact magnetic faders.
Two Deck Bus Controls
- Each bus selects USB Port A or B computer playback, a Phono / CD deck input, or an Aux line-level input.
- Gain trim and metering.
- Sweepable Low / High-pass effect Filter.
- 3-band full-cut tone controls:
- Kill switches are momentary on/off.
- Press SHIFT and a Kill to latch it on.
Direct Serato Deck Controls
- Software FX on/off button.
- FX knob parameter adjustment:
- Turn to scroll through FX.
- Press to select the FX.
- Hold SHIFT to change the Beats parameter.
- LOOP knob selects the loop length.
- Press it to engage Auto Loop.
- Hold down ROLL for Loop Roll.
- LIBRARY knob scrolls songs or crates:
- Press to load a song or crate.
- Hold SHIFT to tab between song and crate selection.
- TRANSFORM joystick:
- Press for Transform on/off.
- Transform on: any direction cuts the audio.
- Transform off: multifunction software control (gray text).
Trigger Serato DJ Cues and Samples
- CUES / SAMPLES button toggles between Cues and Samples.
- The button is lit when Cues are active.
- Four Cues per Deck. The active USB follows the Deck source selection.
- Lit button colors match the Cue colors in Serato DJ software.
- Press an un-lit button to create a new Cue. Hold SHIFT to delete a Cue.
- Six Sample triggers and Bank select buttons (Bank up and Bank down).
- A lit button indicates a ready-to-play sample in Serato DJ.
- The USB Aux Input is usually from the Serato SP-6 sample player, with it's own Level control, Low / High-pass sweep Filter and headphone cue. The USB Cue overrides any Deck Cue when it's on.
Dual USB Ports for Simple DJ Changeover
With a computer plugged into each USB port, simply switch a mixer Deck selector to USB A or USB B and audio and MIDI are assigned. Seamlessly switch from one DJ to the next using Serato DJ or other 3rd-party audio software.
Each port can stream 20 channels of low-latency audio at 44.1, 48, or 96 kHz.
A typical setup includes two Serato DVS decks, software FX through independent USB digital inserts for each Deck, and the SP-6 sample player on its own USB Aux input.
Deck Cue, Pan, and Split Cue
The Cue slider cues Deck 1 or Deck 2 by moving the slider accordingly. This lets you adjust a Deck volume in the headphones without raising the Deck Gain control.
When Split Cue is off, the Cue / Main Pan knob balances how much stereo cue and stereo main mix you hear in the headphones.
When Split Cue is on, the Cued Deck goes to the left headphone cup and the Main mix goes to the right cup. The Cue / Main Pan knob balances how much Cue (left) and Main (right) is heard in the headphones.
TTM57mkII Unique Features
- Durable Lexan faceplate (no paint to wear off)
- Channel High, Mid, and Low Kill switches
- Filter Resonance adjustment
- MIDI-mappable footswitch jack to any parameter
- SP-6 Sampler Input Filter control
- SP-6 Sampler Input Headphone Cue
- Headphone Split Cue Mode (Cue in the left ear and Main Mix in the right ear.)
- Changeable EQ crossover points
- Transform Joysticks with extra up/down/left/right functions
- Easy access to Serato deck INT mode
- Slip ON/OFF quick controls
- Scroll access through all Serato DJ-FX
- Adjustable Serato DJ-FX Wet/Dry controls
- Session Output with a Volume Control
- External effects processor loop with +4 & -10 level switch
- Up-fader Channel Swap switch
- Three-year warranty with great customer support
Magnetic Crossfader and Channel Faders
The proprietary Rane magnetic faders are fast, accurate, and long lasting.
The design uses non-contact technology previously reserved for demanding aerospace and industrial applications. No travel noise—no bleed—ever.
Rane's magnetic faders accurately translate hand motion into precise audio level control. Non-contact fader technology is the only way to fully address the needs of the professional performance DJ.
Both channel faders and the crossfader are magnetic. These faders are easy to clean, and with proper maintenance, should last the life of the mixer. Should one become damaged, you can easily replace it. All three faders are interchangeable.
Includes Serato DJ software
Rane is pleased to announce that our products which previously included Serato Scratch Live software are now fully supported by and include Serato DJ software. DJs currently using Serato Scratch Live with supported Rane hardware have the option to migrate to the new and improved Serato DJ free of charge. If you’re familiar with Scratch Live, the transition to Serato DJ is easy and intuitive. Serato DJ is a free upgrade supporting the Sixty-One, Sixty-Two, Sixty-Eight, SL2, SL3, and SL4.
Serato DJ provides support for DVS (digital vinyl system), iZotope FX, Sync, Slip Mode, more Cue points, jump-to-loop, an improved 24-slot sampler and takes advantage of the high performance, ultra-low latency Rane ASIO and Core Audio drivers. Both programs share compatible song libraries, the same general workflow and deck layout.
Upgrading is optional -- Serato Scratch Live will still work with the Sixty-One, Sixty-Two, Sixty-Eight, SL2, SL3, and SL4. You can have both programs installed, and use one or the other. You can also use the included Core Audio and ASIO drivers to run any other popular DJ and DAW software program you like.