The RaingerFx Dr Freakdenstein's Dwarf and Igor is the world’s first boutique mini-pedal – another first for Rainger FX!
It’s an extreme full-on fuzz distortion – the same circuit as that used in the Dr. Freakenstein Fuzz DrFF-3, and it’s housed in Rainger's own original design steel enclosure.
It has one main knob, which controls the harmonic overtone pitch. This aspect can also be controlled by Igor – a small round pressure operated foot-controller. When it’s plugged in, the main knob becomes the ‘range’ setting for the controller’s operation.
There are two pushbutton switches, one controlling the intensity of the overtone, and the other the function of the Igor controller . In standard mode it controls the pitch of the overtone in real time – as you play. In the new mode, it’s an even more extreme facility, working like a hi-pass filter as it rises, and then morphing into a bit-crusher!
The output volume is adjusted by the thumbwheel.
All the sockets are mounted on the top end panel, so if you have a space 41.5 mm wide on your pedalboard, Dr Freakenstein’s Dwarf will slot right in. No extra room is needed for side-mounting jack-plugs – a unique feature among mini-pedals. Plus it’s narrower than all others, and comes with Igor to add a real-time expression facility to your playing!
- Monster distortion is mini package
- Harmonic overtones controlled by knob or unique for-controlled pressure pad (dual sensitivity)
- Built-in noise gate
- Volume thumbwheel
- HI/LO intensity button
- High-pass filter, bit-crusher, and pitch down sounds
- All sockets on top end panel
- Includes Igor foot-controller with two available pressure sensitivities
- Custom designed steel enclosure
- Powered by 9 V power supply (not included)
- True bypass foot-switching