- 100% discrete class-A active direct box
- Feed forward design – no negative feedback
- Drag™ control load correction for natural tone
- Huge 30-Volt rails for exceptional headroom
- The Radial JDV Mk5 is a high performance active direct box and preamp with two inputs that enables the user to seamlessly transition from one instrument to another while being able to optimize the signal chain no matter what the source.
The design of the Radial JDV MKV begins with 100% discrete electronics and a unique class-A circuit with zero phase-cancelling negative feedback front-end. This is augmented with Drag™ control load correction that lets you optimize the impedance that is being applied to the pickup along with extra rail voltage for an abundance of headroom. The result is virtually zero harmonic, phase and cross-point distortion resulting in the most natural rendering without coloration or artifact of any type.
Central to the design is the JDV's ability to handle any type of instrument. Input-1 is equally well suited for magnetic pickups or active instruments and is equipped with a balanced mic input with 48V phantom to accept instrument-mounted condenser mics. Input-2 adds another dimension with a selectable 10 meg-ohm input to properly load piezo transducers. Both inputs may be active at one time and mixed together using the front panel controls. These can then be phase-aligned using the built-in Radial Phazer for what can only be deemed the most natural sounding reproduction of an acoustic instrument ever.
Extra features include fully variable high-pass filters on each channel to eliminate excessive low frequency resonance, easy-read LED level meters, Jensen Transformer isolated outputs to eliminate hum and buzz caused by ground loops and a +4dB line level output for direct recording. Switching between channels may be done using a front panel switch or via the optional JR-2 remote control.
The Radial JDV Mk5... the only DI you will never hear!