Designed specifically for dynamic microphones, the DM-1 HotShot is a simple passive device that features an XLR input, momentary foot switch and two XLR outputs designated 'main' and 'monitor'. The microphone connects to the input and the main output connects to the sound system as usual. The monitor output is connected to the monitor desk where the monitor engineer can route the signal to the musicians on-stage monitoring systems and if desired, to the technical crew. Should a problem occur—a change of song during a set or a level that requires adjustment—the vocalist need merely depress his HotShot foot switch and he is now able to communicate this discreetly.
As with all Radial stage switchers, the HotShot DM1 is designed to take the abuses of the road with it's rugged 14-gauge steel construction, baked enamel finish, heavy-duty isolated XLR connectors and switch.
The Radial Engineering HotShot DM1 Features:
- On-stage mic mute and signal redirector
- Momentary switch for one-push operation
- Allows discreet communication with band and crew
- Ground lift to eliminate buzz caused by ground loops
- Toggle to second mic channel with or without effects