The QSC RMX4050a is a power amplifier combining legendary QSC reliability, audio performance and affordability. Entertainers and touring users can continue to rely on the RMXa as one of the leading amplifier series in the world. For mid-power applications, the 2RU models offer 4Ω power ratings from 300 to 800 watts per channel. For premium loudspeaker systems with extremely high power capacity the 3RU models (RMX 4050a and RMX 5050a) are unchallenged.The RMXa Series amplifiers from QSC offer true professional-quality performance at an affordable price.
Three 2-rackspace models range in power from 430 to 1200 watts per channel at 2 ohms. Two 3-rackspace models provide 2000 to 2500 watts per channel at 2 ohms. All five models feature a compact chassis less than 16” deep.RMXa amplifiers include a comprehensive set of features including XLR and 1/4” balanced inputs, Speakon® and binding post outposts for convenient connectivity. User-defeatable clip limiters and selectable low-frequency filters optimize sonic performance.
The RMX 4050a is a “heavy duty” model designed to work as hard into 2 ohm loads as most competing amplifiers will at 4 ohms.
Both the RMX 5050a and RMX 4050a feature a three-tier, Class H design that is extremely efficient at real world power levels. Less AC current is wasted and more available current goes into producing useful audio power. 120 volt versions of the RMX4050a accomplish all this with a standard 15 amp plug.
- Compact size — up to 2500 watts in two rack spaces, or 5000 watts in three rack spaces
- High-current toroidal transformers, for greater 2-ohm power and low noise
- Independent user-defeatable clip limiters reduce distortion
- Selectable low-frequency filters (30 Hz or 50 Hz) protect speakers and increase headroom
- The 4000-watt RMX4050a operates on a standard 15 amp plug (120V)
- Both the RMX4050a and the RMX5050a feature a dual mono, high-current power supply for increased reliability and performance
- The RMX4050a's particularly exceptional combination of cooling capacity and electrical efficiency provides robust thermal performance suitable for high continuous power in 2-ohm stereo or 4-ohm bridged applications.
- Balanced 1/4” (6.3 mm) TRS, XLR, and barrier strip inputs
- Touch-proof binding post and Neutrik Speakon® outputs
- Front mounted gain controls for easy access
- Signal and clip LED indicators for monitoring performance
- Independent DC and thermal overload protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers
- 3-year warranty