Classics Have Come and Gone. This One Came Back. PULTEC.
The culmination of Steve Jackson’s work includes the fantastic MEQM-5, a mastering equalizer that works within the midrange of your recording space. Featuring two bands of boost and another attenuation band, the MEQM-5 offers outstanding range and will allow for complete control during the recording, mixing and mastering process. This is not just a new equalizer slapped with the Pultec name. Jackson went through painstaking details to ensure that the new MEQM-5 had the same classic Pultec sound with the same construction as the original.
Revived and alive, Pultec is back and here to stay. Through a decade of relentless commitment to perfection, Dr. Steven Jackson restarted Pulse Techniques' production of the original PULTEC equalizers, making the magnificent low end, silky-sweet high frequencies and wide-open sound available again for the first time in 30 years.
Considering the rarity of vintage units, the new Pultecs at Vintage King make the classic Pultec accessible again. They’ve been responsible for making recordings sound great for over 60 years and will continue on, thanks to Dr. Steven Jackson’s great new gear.
- Low-mid peak boost: +10 dB @ 200, 300, 500, 700, 1k Hz
- Mid-high peak boost: +8 dB @ 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5 kHz
- Mid attenuate: -10 dB @ 200, 300, 500, 700, 1k, 1.5k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k, 7k Hz
- Precision mastering-version 21-position boost/cut rotary switches
- Input transformer: 600 ohms
- Output transformer: 600 ohms
- Noise: Below -75 dBm
- Distortion: ≤ 0.15% at +10 dBm into 600 ohms
- Amplifier: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0, -1 dB ref 1KCS
- Tubes: 1 each - 12AX7, 6AQ5, 6X4