Classics Have Come and Gone. This One Came Back. PULTEC.
Built in the basic mold of the MEQ-5, the MEQ-5-SS incorporates solid state electronics and an API 2520 op-amp, in place of traditional tubes. Offering a sound that is perfect for guitars, vocals and horns, Pultec’s midrange equalizer offers the unique ability to boost and cut bands at the same time and cover the entire spectrum of your recording. The resulting mix can be extremely powerful with swift boosts and cutting ability, leaving you with audio in its peak form.
Revived and alive, Pultec is back and here to stay. Through a decade of relentless commitment to perfection, Dr. Steven Jackson restarted Pulse Techniques' production of the original PULTEC equalizers, making the magnificent low end, silky-sweet high frequencies and wide-open sound available again for the first time in 30 years.
Considering the rarity of vintage units, the new Pultecs at Vintage King make the classic Pultec accessible again. They’ve been responsible for making recordings sound great for over 60 years and will continue on, thanks to Dr. Steven Jackson’s great new gear.
- Low-mid peak boost: +10 dB @ 200, 300, 500, 700, 1k Hz
- Mid-high peak boost: +8 dB @ 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5 kHz
- Mid attenuate: -10 dB @ 200, 300, 500, 700, 1k, 1.5k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k, 7k Hz
- API 2520 make-up gain stage
- Input transformer: 600 ohms
- Output transformer: 600 ohms
- Noise: Below -80 dBm
- Distortion: ≤ 0.15% at 10 dBm into 600 ohms
- Amplifier: 20 Hz to 20 kHz; +0, -1 dB ref 1 KCS including input/output transformers