Classics Have Come and Gone. This One Came Back. PULTEC.
The MEQ-5 was built for mid range use and focuses in on the power range frequencies from 200Hz to 7kHZ. Essential for guitars and vocal, this equalizer features separate boost and cut bands, which can help to create powerful sounds with bite. Whether you’re tracking, mixing or mastering, having a Pultec MEQ-5 in your rack means that you can capture and create the “it” factor.
Revived and alive, Pultec is back and here to stay. Through a decade of relentless commitment to perfection, Dr. Steven Jackson restarted Pulse Techniques' production of the original PULTEC equalizers, making the magnificent low end, silky-sweet high frequencies and wide-open sound available again for the first time in 30 years.
Considering the rarity of vintage units, the new Pultecs at Vintage King make the classic Pultec accessible again. They’ve been responsible for making recordings sound great for over 60 years and will continue on, thanks to Dr. Steven Jackson’s great new gear.
- Low-mid peak boost: +10 dB @ 200, 300, 500, 700, 1k Hz
- Mid-high peak boost: +8 dB @ 1.5, 2, 3, 4, 5 kHz
- Mid attenuate: -10 dB @ 200, 300, 500, 700, 1k, 1.5k, 2k, 3k, 4k, 5k, 7k Hz
- Input transformer: 600 ohms
- Output transformer: 600 ohms
- Noise: Below -75 dBm
- Distortion: ≤ 0.15% at +10 dBm into 600 ohms
- Amplifier: 20 Hz to 20 kHz, +0, -1 dB ref 1KCS
- Tubes: 1 each - 12AX7, 6AQ5, 6X4