Classics Have Come and Gone. This One Came Back. PULTEC.
While the EQP-1S3 and EQP-1A3 are very similar, there are some big differences between the two equalizers. In the EQP-1S3, the Pultec team created a two-band equalizer that has more frequencies available (both on the low and high shelf) and extremely distinct curves. If you’re looking to give your sound an unforced airiness, the EQP-1S3 can help you achieve the recording quality that you’ve been dreaming about at night.
Revived and alive, Pultec is back and here to stay. Through a decade of relentless commitment to perfection, Dr. Steven Jackson restarted Pulse Techniques' production of the original PULTEC equalizers, making the magnificent low end, silky-sweet high frequencies and wide-open sound available again for the first time in 30 years.
Considering the rarity of vintage units, the new Pultecs at Vintage King make the classic Pultec accessible again. They’ve been responsible for making recordings sound great for over 60 years and will continue on, thanks to Dr. Steven Jackson’s great new gear.
- Low shelf boost: +13.5 dB @ 30, 40, 70, 100 Hz
- Low shelf attenuate: -17.5 dB @ 30, 40, 70, 100 Hz
- Mid/high peak boost: +18 dB @ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 8, 10, 12 kHz
- High shelf boost: +14 dB db @ 5, 10 kHz
- High shelf attenuate: -16 dB @ 5, 10, 20 kHz
- Input impedance: ~600 ohms
- Output impedance: ~50 ohms
- Noise: 92 dB below +10 dBm
- Distortion: ≤ 0.15% at +10 dBm into 600 ohms
- Amplifier: Flat, 20 CPS to 20 KCS, +/- 0.5 dB
- Tubes: 1 each - 12AU7, 12AX7, 6X4