Classics Have Come and Gone. This One Came Back. PULTEC.
With two versions of the classic EQP-1A3, Pultec has created both tube and solid state options. The EQP-1A3-SS has solid state construction featuring an API 2520 op-amp that offers a makeup gain stage for the equalizer. Allowing for a distinct sonic difference from the tube version, the EQP-1A3-SS has a rich and deep sound that will become essential to your day to day work in the studio. Keeping consistent with the Pultecs of yesteryear, the EQP-1A3-SS has its own defined sound that instantly adds something warm to a recording.
Revived and alive, Pultec is back and here to stay. Through a decade of relentless commitment to perfection, Dr. Steven Jackson restarted Pulse Techniques' production of the original PULTEC equalizers, making the magnificent low end, silky-sweet high frequencies and wide-open sound available again for the first time in 30 years.
Considering the rarity of vintage units, the new Pultecs at Vintage King make the classic Pultec accessible again. They’ve been responsible for making recordings sound great for over 60 years and will continue on, thanks to Dr. Steven Jackson’s great new gear.
- Low shelf boost: +13.5 dB @ 20, 30, 60, 100 Hz
- Low shelf attenuate: -17.5 dB @ 20, 30, 60, 100 Hz
- Mid/high peak boost: +18 dB @ 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 16 kHz
- Hi shelf attenuate: -16 dB @ 5, 10, 20 kHz
- API 2520 make-up gain stage
- Input transformer: 600 ohms
- Output transformer: 600 ohms
- Noise: below -80 dBm
- Distortion: ≤ 0.15% at 10 dBm into 600 ohms
- Amplifier: 20 CPS to 20 KCS; +0, -1 dB ref 1 KCS including input/output transformers
- Output Level: +21 dBm maximum