Classics Have Come and Gone. This One Came Back. PULTEC.
While there are lots of EQP-1A3 clones out there, nothing comes close to replicating the sound of the original Pultec version. This no-loss passive equalizer is perfect for bringing heavy bass, perfect highs and an enveloping sense of warmth that is signature to the recordings of Motown and The Beatles. The equalizer’s unique two-band design offers supreme flexibility and control over both high and low shelf. Need an equalizer that has power and warmth distinct unto its own? The EQP-1A3 is the essential piece of gear for you.
Revived and alive, Pultec is back and here to stay. Through a decade of relentless commitment to perfection, Dr. Steven Jackson restarted Pulse Techniques' production of the original PULTEC equalizers, making the magnificent low end, silky-sweet high frequencies and wide-open sound available again for the first time in 30 years.
Considering the rarity of vintage units, the new Pultecs at Vintage King make the classic Pultec accessible again. They’ve been responsible for making recordings sound great for over 60 years and will continue on, thanks to Dr. Steven Jackson’s great new gear.
- Low shelf boost: +13.5 dB @ 20, 30, 60, 100 Hz
- Low shelf attenuate: -17.5 dB @ 20, 30, 60, 100 Hz
- Mid/high peak boost: +18 dB @ 3, 4, 5, 8, 10, 12, 16 kHz
- Hi shelf attenuate: -16 dB @ 5, 10, 20 kHz
- Input transformer: 600 ohms
- Noise: 92 dB below +10 dBm
- Distortion: ≤ 0.15% at 10 dBm into 600 ohms
- Amplifier: Flat 20 Hz to 20 kHz; +/- 0.5 dB