Designed for nearfield monitors, the Primacoustic Recoil Stabilizer RX9 is a unique speaker mounting device that at once eliminates disruptive resonant coupling from the loudspeaker to the stand, while providing a stable base that reduces the recoil caused by the forward energy of the loudspeaker motion.The Recoil Stabilizer is a loudspeaker platform that combines three basic components: a high-density urethane foam base to isolate the speaker from the shelf, monitor-bridge or stand; a heavy & frac1/4" laser-cut steel plate; and a thin neoprene top surface. The foam effectively decouples the loudspeaker to eliminate vibration-borne resonance that invariably introduces phase anomalies, while the steel plate introduces significant mass to the structure, stabilizing the speaker. The no-slip surface coats the top to ensure the monitor stays firmly in place.By reducing the backward 'recoil' as the speaker coil pushes energy forward, the initial transient no longer suffers lag and the sharpness of the resulting impulse is more defined. Upon first listening, one immediately notices more punch and extended low end. Upon further listening, one begins to notice greater detail at all frequencies, improved transient response and more defined depth of field. This not only makes mixing easier, but since the Recoils eliminate unknown resonance from contaminating the sound, your mixes immediately translate better to other rooms and audio systems.
The DF or down-fire model introduces a 5º degree angle to compensate for the added 2" (5cm) height that the Recoil Stabilizer will introduce when put in position. This is often a good choice when the near fields are used on a meter bridge or elevated shelf that cannot be adjusted.
- Improves transient response and imaging
- Tightens up the bass for greater accuracy
- Eliminates resonance and phase anomalies
- Improves translation to other audio systems
The Recoil Stabilizer is a nearfield monitor platform that incorporates four different elements to create the whole. This includes:
- Isolation foam: High density open cell acoustic foam provides acoustic isolation to eliminate coupling between loudspeaker and shelf.
- Steel platform: Laser cut ¼” (6mm) steel platform adds the necessary stabilizing mass to rigidly hold the nearfield monitor in place.
- Curved front panel: Curved front panel eliminates standing waves and adds mass to the platform without increasing the footprint.
- Retention pad: Thin no-slip neoprene surface secures the nearfield monitor to the top surface for maximum signal transfer.
- Height: 3.125 "/2.125", 88 mm/55mm
- Width: 15", 381mm
- Depth: 11", 279mm
|Height||2.13 in - 3.13 in|
|Speaker Stand Height||No|
|Mic Stand Height||No|
|Mic Stand Type||No|
|Module Slot Count||No|
|Active or Passive||No|
|Top Platform Dimensions||No|
|Analog Tape Size||No|