Equally at home in houses of worship, schools, broadcast facilities, live venues, touring rigs, and recording studios, the PreSonus StudioLive RML32AI rack-mount Active Integration digital mixer is a versatile and flexible solution for live sound and recording. tudioLive RML32AI mixers offer 24 mic inputs and 8 combo mic/line inputs and are expandable up to 64 channels. Flawlessly integrated with state-of-the-art software, they boast an integrated multitrack recording interface, advanced AVB or Dante networking, and multiple control options. Yet they’re easy to use, with a workflow that will let you focus on mixing, without being distracted by the technology.
Networking provides remote control, recording, and more
Powerful, real-time, wired and Wi-Fi networking enables recording and remote control over all StudioLive RML32AI features. Use the included AVB networking connection or choose optional Dante networking. Control your StudioLive RML32AI wirelessly from anywhere in the venue using free Mac®, Windows®, and iOS® software. Network the RML32AI to a StudioLive AI-series front-of-house console, using the rack-mount mixer as a stage box and monitor mixer. Send and receive networked audio via optional Dante for multitrack recording. Connect to hundreds of Dante-enabled products. Once you’ve used a networked StudioLive RML32AI, you’ll never go back to the old way of mixing!
Control the mixer with hardware and software—from anywhere
Thanks to PreSonus Active Integration, StudioLive RML32AI mixers can be controlled in multiple ways simultaneously so you can customize your system to suit your needs and workflow. Control the mixer over a wired or wireless network using an array of integrated software for Mac, Windows, and iPad. Add physical control with PreSonus’ StudioLive CS18AI Ethernet/AVB control surface, which features high-quality, touch-sensitive, motorized faders and far more mixer-control features than can be listed here — and can control Studio One, too!
Integrated, multiplatform software for flexible control and one-click recording
PreSonus StudioLive RML-series mixers are tightly integrated with an entire suite of state-of-the-art software. Mix wirelessly or over a wired network from anywhere using UC Surface touch-control software for Mac, Windows, and iPad®. Remote control the mixer’s recallable XMAX preamps and Fat Channel processing with Studio One® Artist for low-latency recording with effects. Musicians control their monitor mixes onstage with QMix™-AI for iPhone®/iPod® touch. Completely automate virtual soundchecks and record shows at up to 96 kHz with Capture™. Tune your system to the room and watch for problems in your mix with UC Surface’s integrated Smaart® wizards, RTA, and spectrograph. Save mixer scenes with your live recordings in Capture and edit both in Studio One Artist. StudioLive RML-series mixers and software work together to form a cohesive ecosystem that helps you achieve your creative vision.
Recording is in StudioLive AI’s DNA
The StudioLive RML32AI’s built-in 54x34 multitrack recording interface is tightly integrated with the rest of the mixer—not an afterthought tacked on. All 32 channels and your choice of buses continuously stream to your FireWire- or Dante™-connected Mac or PC. Each channel can independently access its analog input or its dedicated digital return from your computer. And with StudioLive RML mixers, recording is simple and easy: Just launch the included, preconfigured Capture™ software for one-click recording of all channel inputs and your main mix. Or record with the included Studio One Artist DAW—or any recording software that supports ASIO or Core Audio. Now you can record in the studio or at the gig with equal ease—only with StudioLive.
You’ll never run out of signal processors
StudioLive RML mixers provide more DSP power than any other mixer in their class. There are no limitations, no shared resources, no figuring out what processing is available where. You have all of the processing available at all times, with no compromises or caveats. The unique Fat Channel provides a compressor, limiter, expander/gate, and parametric EQ on every channel and bus; a highpass filter on each channel; a library of professionally crafted, useful presets; and the ability to save, selectively recall, and A/B-compare processor settings. You also get four effects processors—two reverbs and two delays—each with their own dedicated mix bus; 15 dedicated 31-band graphic EQs; and 500 ms of delay available on the last four mix outputs.
Expandable to meet your needs
Only StudioLive Active Integration mixers let you create a large-format console on a small-format budget. Connect two StudioLive RML32AIs or an RML32AI and an RML16AI via AVB to create up to a 64-channel mixing system. Rack-mount them together, place one on each side of the stage, or put one onstage and one at front-of-house. Record all 64 channels with free Capture™ software and have single-window control of all channels using UC Surface control software. Or enjoy up to 86x66 recording via FireWire with a DAW, such as Studio One. The Mix outputs are conveniently mirrored on both RML mixers. Now your system can grow with your needs and budget!
Connect a StudioLive RML mixer and you’ll instantly hear details and an open high end you’d expect to find only in an expensive studio console. StudioLive RML mixers operate at up to 96 kHz for high-definition mixing and recording. They use the same high-quality 64-bit summing engine found in the Studio One® DAW, which consistently receives rave reviews for sound quality. High-quality Burr-Brown converters on every input and output provide a best-in-class 118 dB of dynamic range so you’ll catch every high and low with great accuracy and no audible distortion. And the recallable XMAX™ microphone preamps deliver incredibly high headroom, deep lows, smooth highs, and a rich overall sound.
Dedicated I/O—no guesswork
View the front of a StudioLive RML-series rack-mount mixer, and you’ll see a straightforward jackfield with 32 locking XLR channel inputs, the last 8 of which are combo XLR mic/TRS line inputs, plus 16 XLR Mix outputs and other important connections. The Mix outputs on the front panel are mirrored in a pair of DB25 connectors (Mix Outs 1-8 and 9-16) on the rear. You never have to guess which input feeds which channel or which aux mix goes to an output because they’re always the same. It’s all part of a design that enables you to work quickly and without confusion.
Safe, sane, and secure
Powerful networking and wireless remote control is great—but what if someone tries to hack into your Wi-Fi system and take control of the show or that jokester bass player tries to use his iPhone to mess with the lead singer’s monitor mix? There’s an app for that!
- 24 locking XLR mic inputs and 8 combo locking XLR mic-¼” TRS line inputs, each with: recallable XMAX Class A analog mic preamps, +48 V phantom power
- Stereo tape input (RCA jacks)
- 8 XLR line-level Mix outputs - four 300 ms alignment delays on the last four Mix outputs
- 1 DB25 jack mirrors 8 line-level Mix outputs
- 3 XLR main outputs (left, right, mono/center) with analog trim pots
- S/PDIF digital output on removable option card
- Headphone output with volume knob and selectable source
- 1x1 MIDI I/O (for future implementation)
- 32 internal channels
- 25 mix buses - 16 aux mix buses, 3 main mix buses (left, right, mono/center), Stereo solo bus, 4 internal FX buses (2 reverb, 2 delay)
- Fully integrated, continuously bidirectional, 52-in/34-out, FireWire 800 direct recording interface (24-bit, 44.1/48/88.2/96 kHz)
- Designed specifically for live sound mixing
- Multiplatform support for Mac ® , Windows ® , and iPad ® - Windows 8/10 multi-touch-compatible for large touchscreen mixing / flexible and expandable computing options: Use a laptop with or without a touchscreen, an iPad, or any combination
- Contextual-based navigation for quick, intuitive access to all mixing functions
- 8 Mute Groups with All On and All Off
- Scene Store and Recall - Global Scene Storage: all current StudioLive RML settings, up to 99 at a time, 8 Quick Scenes for instant scene save/recall—like “speed dial” for scenes, Automatic Global AutoStore, customizable naming (for example, "Saturday Gig" or "Main Worship Service")
- Individual channel-strip setting storage - up to 100 at a time, plus 50 channel-strip presets included for drums, bass, guitars, keyboards, and vocals - copy and paste among channels and buses - can be saved as user presets - can be browsed by category (Drums, Vocals, Horns, Guitar, Bass, and more)
- Contextual Presets System - Presets filtered by Channel Types - quickly audition presets on the fly - edit auditioned preset before loading - Exit Audition mode with out loading to return to previous settings - save and load presets on all platforms including iOS
- Filter DCAs - unlimited groups, automatic group creation using Channel Types, custom groups
- Security features to monitor and restrict access to the mixer’s controls
- Capture™ one-click recording software with true virtual soundcheck (Mac/Windows)
- Studio One ® Artist full-featured digital audio workstation software (Mac/Windows)
- QMix ® -AI wireless monitor-mix control from an iPhone ® /iPod ® touch
- 2 FireWire S800 ports and 1 Ethernet control port with AVB Networking on removable option card. FireWire ports fully compatible with Apple Thunderbolt-to-FireWire adapter
- SL-Dante-Mix option card available separately
- Use AVB to cascade two RM/RML-series mixers to create a larger system (up to 64 channels) or connect the RML mixer to a StudioLive ® AI-series front-of-house console
- Dual Fat Channel signal processing on all channels and buses with:
- Variable highpass filter -6 dB/oct., sweepable from Off to 1 kHz (main channels and auxes only)
- Variable lowpass filter on the mono/center bus
- 4-band fully parametric EQ - Low EQ: sweepable from 36 Hz to 465 Hz, ±15 dB, switchable shelf or peaking / Low Mid EQ: sweepable from 90 Hz to 1.2 kHz, ±15 dB, variable Q 0.1 to 4.0 / High Mid EQ: sweepable from 380 Hz to 5 kHz, ±15 dB, variable Q 0.1 to 4.0 / High EQ: sweepable from 1.4 kHz to 18 kHz, ±15 dB, switchable shelf or peaking
- Compressor: Threshold -56 to 0 dB; Ratio 1:1 to 14:1, LIM=∞:1; Attack 0.2 to 150 ms; Release 2.5 to 900 ms; Makeup Gain 0 to 28 dB; Soft Knee switch; Auto Mode with 10 ms Attack and 150 ms Release
- Gate with sidechain: Threshold: 0 to -84 dB; Attack: 0.02 to 500 ms; Release: 0.05 to 2 sec
- Bandpass Key Filter: 40 Hz to 16 kHz; second-order resonant bandpass filter Q (0.7) with Key Listen function
- Limiter: Variable Threshold -28 dBfs to 0, ∞:1 Ratio
- Stereo link for input channels and aux buses
- Polarity reverse (input channels only)
- Quick A/B comparisons of two complete sets of Fat Channel settings for each channel and bus
- 15 graphic EQs (for the first 12 aux buses plus the Main left, right, and mono/center buses)
- 4 32-bit floating point effects processors (2 reverb, 2 delay) on dedicated buses
- 32 LED meter grid
- Front-panel Mute All button temporarily mutes all inputs and outputs
- +48V Meters button to display phantom power assignment on the meter grid
- Headphone source selection between Main and Cue
- StudioLive CS18AI AVB control surface available separately
- High-definition Burr-Brown analog-to-digital converters (118 dB dynamic range)
- Unlimited-headroom, 32-bit floating point, digital mixing and effects processing
- Internal sample frequency 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- 3U rack-mount steel chassis