Easy to use, equipped with XMAX™ preamps and Burr-Brown converters, loaded with no-compromises signal processing, and flawlessly integrated with state-of-the-art software, StudioLive™ AI Active Integration™ mixing consoles deliver the most creative environment possible for live performance and studio music production. StudioLive 48AI Mix Systems consist of two cascaded StudioLive 24.4.2AI consoles, creating the functional equivalent of a 48-channel mixer. These feature-rich mixing systems are a fraction of the size, weight, and price of a conventional large-format digital console yet offer an analog-style workflow and features no console near their price class can match.
Seamlessly integrated, with the power and performance of StudioLive AI
StudioLive 48AI Mix Systems perform as a cohesive 48-channel mixer and offer 22 mix buses (including 4 reverb and 4 delay processors with dedicated buses), discrete EQ and dynamics processors on every input and output, and a familiar, surface-driven workflow with one-to-one control over every channel. Every channel is routed through the bus outputs of the Master mixer and every global setting is controlled from the Master to provide seamless integration between the two cascaded consoles. Each StudioLive 48AI Mix System provides a robust 64x50 FireWire audio interface, making it easy to record and play audio with a Mac or Windows PC. All the power and performance available to a single StudioLive 24.4.2AI mixer are available to a cascaded StudioLive 48AI Mix System.
Integrated, multiplatform software for flexible control and one-click recording
Like every StudioLive AI mixer, StudioLive 48AI Mix Systems are tightly integrated with an entire suite of state-of-the-art software. Mix wirelessly or over a wired network from anywhere using UC Surface for Mac, Windows, and iPad®. Musicians control their monitor mixes onstage with QMix™-AI for iPhone®/iPod® touch. Completely automate virtual soundchecks and record shows at up to 96 kHz with Capture™. Tune your system to the room and watch for problems in your mix with UC Surface’s integrated Smaart® wizards, RTA, and spectrograph. Save mixer scenes with your live 64-track recordings in Capture and edit both in Studio One Artist. Only StudioLive AI-series mixers and software work together to form a cohesive ecosystem that helps you achieve your creative vision.
Easy networking with future-looking options
It’s easy to network the two mixers in a StudioLive 48AI Mix System: Simply connect the mixers with a FireWire 800 cable, set the mixer on the left to “Slave,” and you’re there. Connect each mixer to a wireless router with a standard Ethernet cable and you’re ready to remote control your StudioLive AI Mix System from an iPad or iPhone or go wireless using the included USB WiFi LAN adapters. Or go all-in with the latest technology by equipping both mixers with optional Dante or AVB cards. Now you not only have cascading but also advanced networking with PreSonus StudioLive RM-series rack mixers, StudioLive AI Active Integration loudspeakers, and more.
Those important accessories
Although the two cascaded StudioLive 24.4.2AI mixers are the main attraction, we know you’ll want a few accessories. So all StudioLive 48AIMix Systems come with a joining bracket that locks the two mixers together into one unit. We also give you a custom dust cover for the two joined consoles. And to help you use UC Surface’s Smaart room-analysis and other testing features, we’ve included a PreSonus PRM1 Precision Reference Microphone—a special type of condenser microphone that provides an accurate reproduction of a room's sound characteristics for use with audio-analysis tools.
Configurable, flexible, and expandable
Only StudioLive Active Integration mixers let you create a large-format console on a small-format budget. With StudioLive 48AI Mix Systems, you get the high channel counts required for large shows and studio projects with all the cutting-edge hardware and software advantages of StudioLive Active Integration systems.
Presonus Conjures Studio Magic
Registered owners of any currently available PreSonus® audio interface or mixer are receiving a free bonus: the Studio Magic Plug-in Suite for Mac® and Windows®. The software bundle includes seven popular plug-ins in VST, AU, and AAX formats. Currently eligible interfaces and mixers include the PreSonus AudioBox USB, AudioBox i-series, and Studio-series interfaces and StudioLive Series III, StudioLive AR USB, and StudioLive RML-series mixers. The software will be automatically added to registered users’ online My PreSonus accounts and can be downloaded at any time.
- SPL Attacker is a micro-plug-in that employs the same Differential Envelope processing technique as SPL’s famed Transient Designer. Using SPL Attacker, all attack events can be amplified, regardless of their signal level. By focusing on the initial transient instead of specific frequencies, SPL Attacker amplifies just the attack curves of a sound event. This allows instruments to be mixed at lower levels, which opens up space in the mix, while the relationship between tracks is preserved.
- Mäag Audio EQ2 delivers the sound of the Mäag Audio EQ2 two-band hardware equalizer. Mäag Audio’s EQ design allows for exceptionally low phase shift across all EQ adjustments, which helps maintain the integrity of your mix’s original sound while enhancing the very high “air” frequencies. An input attenuator lets you normalize levels before applying EQ.
- Lexicon’s MPX-i Reverb delivers seven classic Lexicon plate, hall, chamber, and room reverbs. A streamlined interface and 100 versatile, finely crafted presets enable you to quickly get the sound you want. Input and output metering let you monitor levels at a glance.
- The Eventide H910 plug-in is a faithful re-creation of the classic H910 Harmonizer, which offered unique combinations of pitch shifting, modulation, and delay. Use pitch changing to create specific musical intervals and perfect harmonies, spread guitars, fatten snares, apply subtle organic detuning to synths, and add slap-back delays to vocals.
- The Eventide 2016 Stereo Room, delivers a natural, yet distinctive-sounding reverb that can be lush or subtle. Derived from Eventide’s SP2016 hardware processor, its simple, intuitive controls allow you to fine tune your virtual space, from a dark hallway to a bright studio vocal room. Use multiple instances to bring out the character of different parts of a track.
- The Brainworx bx_opto compressor combines the best aspects and anomalies from several legendary, light-dependent compressor circuits. The result is a powerful dynamics processor, teeming with character and delivering sounds that can’t be achieved with analog optical compressors.
- Arturia’s Analog Lab Lite, is a “Greatest Hits” collection of physically modeled classic analog synths, organs, string machines, and pianos from Arturia’s V-Collection of virtual instruments. Enjoy models of iconic instruments from Oberheim, Roland, Sequential Circuits, ARP, Hammond, Fender, Wurlitzer, Moog, and Vox.
|Analog or Digital||No|
|Number of Inputs||N/A|
|Number of Outputs||N/A|
|Number of Buses||No|
|Number of Aux Sends||No|
|Number of Monitor Returns||No|
|Patch Bay Included||No|