The sceptre (or scepter) is the age-old symbol of royal authority. PreSonus Sceptre CoActual studio monitors do indeed provide sound quality and control worthy of the highest levels of aristocracy—but they’re priced for the bourgeois project-studio owner.
The first time you hear Sceptre-series CoActual™ 2-way studio monitors, you’ll discover fine nuances of your music that can’t be reproduced by conventional designs. The Sceptre’s panoramic soundstage, fine detail, and stunning dynamics will astonish you. This exceptional performance is the result of an advanced coaxial design that works integrally with a 32-bit, 96 kHz, dual-core processor running Fulcrum Acoustic’s TQ™ Temporal Equalization Technology™.
PreSonus CoActual technology—the core of every Sceptre-series studio monitor—is the combination of custom transducers in a state-of-the-art coaxial design with heavy-duty DSP running TQ algorithms.
The systems are biamplified: Each transducer is powered by a 100W RMS, Class D power amp with an internal heat sink. Each Sceptre has its own internal power supply with IEC connector and a power switch with on/off LED.
All Sceptre-series monitors have a balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS line-level inputs with A-taper level control.
Each Sceptre monitor contains a 32-bit, 96 kHz, dual-core, active floating-point DSP chip that enables the use of Fulcrum Acoustic’s TQ algorithms. The processor is used to manage horn reflection, linear time and amplitude anomalies correction, performance contouring, and dynamic and excursion limiting. The result is coaxial speakers that perform far better than all but the most expensive studio monitors
In addition to making possible the Sceptre’s coaxial design, the monitor’s onboard DSP provides user-adjustable contour features for optimizing the monitors for your mixing space. This enables full integration into any studio environment. A four-position Acoustic Space switch controls a second-order shelving filter centered at 100 Hz, with four attenuation settings (no attenuation, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, and -6 dB) so that you can account for the boundary bass boost that occurs when the monitor is placed near a wall or corner. If you don’t want to roll of those lows, set it to 0 dB.
- CoActual technology combines DSP time-correction and point-source design for symmetrical soundstage and micro-definition imaging
- Unique coaxial transducer integrates 8-inch midrange driver and 1-inch (25 mm), horn-loaded HF transducer with Coaxial Speaker Coherence Alignment
- 32-bit, 96 kHz, dual-core, active floating-point DSP provides critical Temporal Equalization™ with multiple FIR filters
- Acoustic-tuning controls: HF Driver Adjust (0 dB, +1 dB, -1.5 dB, -4 dB)
- Acoustic Space settings (0 dB, -1.5 dB, -3 dB, -6 dB)
- High-pass filter (Off, 60 Hz, 80 Hz, and 100 Hz, -24 dB/octave slope)
- Sensitivity (+4 dBu to -10 dBV)
- 200W RMS, Class D biamplification with internal heat sinkRF shielding, current-output limiting, and over-temperature protection
- Balanced XLR and ¼-inch TRS line-level inputs with A-taper level control
- Amplifier “soft start” feature eliminates popping on power-up
- Brushed-aluminum faceplate 102 dB maximum continuous SPL
- Internal power supply with IEC connector
- Power switch with on/off LED