If you compose with guitar, bass, or drums, you need PreSonus Progression 3 for Mac® and Windows®. Enter parts and create guitar and bass tab, drum tab, lead sheets, and standard sheet music with ease. Add audio, apply effects, mix, and hear your composition played back with superb samples by famous artists. Compose on a computer and continue editing with Progression for iPad or vice versa. Progression’s ease of use and great sounds make composing more fun than ever!
The best sound around
It’s thrilling to hear your compositions played with instrument samples by great players. Progression delivers samples by world-class musicians, recorded in top professional studios.
Interactive tools make entry fast and intuitive
Enter notes with ease using Progression’s interactive fretboard, keyboard, and drum pad. Choose chords from a generous chord library, and create your own chords.
For many musicians, Progression’s interactive keyboard, fretboard, and drum pad are the fastest and most convenient way to capture pitches, drum parts, and guitar fingerings. The fretboard can switch from guitar to bass, and you can even customize the number of guitar strings and the order of entry for each voice for the drum pad.
The chord library makes it simple to enter the chord name or voicing you want to appear in your score. Choose from standard chord symbols and fretted chord symbols and design custom chord symbols and diagrams. Chords remain on the fretboard for repeated entry, and you can recall recently used chords.
Progression works wherever you do
Progression allows you to compose in tablature or standard notation on your desktop and transfer your composition to your iPad®, where you can continue to edit and play back your music. With Progression and Progression for iPad (a separate purchase), you can create, send, and open scores between Mac®, Windows®, and iPad and can continue to work on your score anywhere, anytime! No matter which platform you use, you get the high-quality playback sounds for which Progression is famous.
Want even more advanced notation features and a larger sound library? PreSonus® Notion™ and Notion for iPad include everything in Progression and Progression for iPad and much more, and they can seamlessly open your Progression files.
Plays well with others
In addition to transferring to and from iPad, Progression offers compatibility with other applications in several ways. Email a Progression file or save and email a PDF of your composition—great for teachers and students. Connect with compatible applications via ReWire. Import and export Standard MIDI Files and MusicXML files, export WAV files, and open Arobas Guitar Pro tablature files (v. 3 to 5). And of course, you can import and export between Progression and Progression for iPad, Notion, and Notion for iPad.
Capture MIDI parts and edit them with your score
Capture your MIDI performances better than ever before in Progression. Choose keyboard, guitar, or drum entry and dial in exactly how Progression will follow your playing. Enter in real time or in step time. Then view your MIDI performance data in the Sequencer Staff.
Better yet, use the Sequencer Overlay, which allows you to see notation and MIDI performance data on the same staff. Edit each individual note’s velocity, duration, start point, and end point using drag-and-drop. For precise values, double-click each note and enter in the numeric values as well. With this feature, Progression combines the power of the MIDI sequencer with the clarity of standard notation in a unique and powerful way.
Mix, process, and export audio
Progression offers features you expect in a digital audio workstation, including a built-in mixer with buses, panning, inserts, subgroups, and more. Process your audio with the built-in reverb, guitar-amp simulator, and PreSonus Native Effects EQ, Compressor, and Limiter plug-ins from PreSonus’® Studio One® DAW. Then automatically export audio from individual parts or buses.
New in Progression 3
Progression 3 makes it easier than ever for you to write your ideas quickly and includes new effects from PreSonus Studio One, an enhanced chord library, and many notation and publishing improvements.
Notation improvements make Progression 3 even faster and easier to use than previous versions, including an enharmonic spelling tool, cross-staff notation, and new shortcut sets. You also get an enhanced chord library with more library chords, user-created chords, and recent-chord recall.
Major new Progression 3 features include:
- PreSonus plug-ins: Includes three PreSonus Native Effects™ plug-ins from Studio One®: Limiter, Compressor, EQ
- Notation and tab: Many notation and tablature improvements make Progression the fastest and easiest composition software on the planet, including new enharmonic spelling tool, cross-staff notation, layout improvements, and new shortcut sets. There’s a new Capo feature, too!
- Chords: An enhanced chord library provides more library chords, user created chords, and Recent Chord Recall
- Look and feel: The user interface has been redesigned to be more consistent with PreSonus’ award-winning Studio One DAW
- International localization: Available in English (U.S. and UK), French, German, Japanese, and Latin American Spanish
- Display: Mac Retina display and Windows 8 touchscreen optimization
- Enter, edit, and play back tab, notation, or both
- Best playback of any composing software, with samples recorded by Neil Zaza, Victor Wooten, Roy “Futureman” Wooten, and more
- Acoustic guitar, electric guitar, and bass guitar samples included
- Optional instruments include classical guitar, acoustic fingerstyle guitar, mandolin, and banjo
- Compose on a Mac or Windows computer and continue to edit on iPad and vice versa
- Interactive Entry Tools: keyboard, 24-fret guitar fretboard, drum pad, chord library
- Real-time and step-time MIDI entry
- Extensive chord library with user-created chords and recent-chord recall
- In-store app to add more instruments
- Audition/Entry modes
- Complete audio mixer
- Process audio with PreSonus Native Effects™ Limiter, Compressor, and EQ plug-ins, as well as reverb and guitar-amp simulator
- See notation and MIDI data on the same staff
- Capo feature
- Quick, simple selection palette
- Full range of guitar functions and articulations including: bends, vibrato, slides, hammer-ons, pull-offs, mutes, whammy-bar techniques, bass slap, harmonics, and more
- Insert text and lyrics
- Quick Undo and Redo
- Sequencer Overlay allows you to see notation and MIDI performance data on the same staff
- Chord and Melody modes
- Easy delete and erase capabilities
- Enter and edit title and composer information
- Convenient file sharing
- Export/email audio
- Import/export Standard MIDI Files
- Native 64-bit support
- Retina display support
- Windows 8 touchscreen support
- Open Arobas Guitar Pro files (versions 3 to 5)
- Search for tablature online
Computer system requirements:
Below are the minimum computer-system requirements for Progression.
- Mac OS® X 10.7 or later (32-/64-bit)
- Intel® Core Solo 1.8 GHz processor (Recommended: Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz or better)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- 2 GB free hard-drive space
- Windows 7 or 8 (32- or 64-bit)
- Intel Pentium® 4 2 GHz (Intel Core 2 Duo 2 GHz or better recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB or more recommended)
- 2 GB free hard-drive space