Introducing the PMC QB1-A,: the newest large-scale studio monitor design, and a bold statement of the state of the art, the result of extensive customer research and innovative driver performance analyses based on opto-acoustic laser interferometry. This is a Class-D active ATL™ speaker with analog and digital inputs, featuring exceptional electro-mechanical engineering finessed by DSP control, and immense headroom (4825W per channel) wedded to pinpoint dynamics for unparalleled speed, depth, accuracy and power.
With a maximum SPL of 132dB at one meter and a quartet of 10-inch carbon fibre/Nomex® piston bass drivers, the QB1-A can certainly produce level — but not at the expense of accuracy or increased distortion. The cutting-edge on-board DSP provides driver unit optimisation, EQ and sophisticated crossover networks, while the wired RJ45 desktop control provides user-friendly access to user EQ settings via its backlit display and jog wheel, with the ability to store up to four user setup presets. Even the physical dimensions have been carefully considered: at 1092 x 820 x 520 millimeters (WHD), the QB1-A will retrofit into almost all existing studio soffits. Thanks to its ATL™ design, free-standing use has no impact on its effortlessly smooth bass response. Whether soffit-mounted or not, the QB1-A delivers the transparency, resolution, extended frequency response and wide, consistent imaging demanded by the international audio elite.
- Amplifier Power per Channel: LF 1 x 4000Wrms, MF 1 x 550Wrms, HF 1 x 275Wrms
- Available Finishes: Studio black, Colors POA
- Crossover Frequency: 380Hz & 3.8kHz
- Dimensions: H 820mm (32.2”) W 1092mm (42.9”) D 523mm (20.6”) (max depth)
- Drive Units: LF 4 x PMC carbon fibre/Nomex 250mm/10” piston driver, MF PMC hand-built 75mm soft dome driver, HF PMC 34mm soft dome tweeter with acoustic radiator
- Effective ATL™ Length: 2.7m 8.9ft
- Input Connectors: I/O - Balanced analogue input, digital AES3 input, Digital Input - AES3, 192kHz 24bit
- Peak SPL: 132dB @1metre
- Useable Frequency Response: 20Hz - 25kHz
- Weight: 150kg (330lbs)