The PMC BB5-A-C Three-Way Active Studio Center Monitor is an amazing center channel for larger studios regardless of use.
The large active range from PMC justly deserves the label of ‘no compromise’. Every element has been designed and manufactured purely for it's performance and encompasses the smallest detail from individual cable choice through to hand selection of capacitors in the active crossover networks. This level of resolution cannot be achieved with standard technology and average tolerances.
The BB5 employs much of the technology and hardware of the MB2 and is equally happy in a soffit or in free space. The BB5 offers higher SPL’s and a vastly improved frequency range that extends lower than any other monitor available. The BB5 has the capacity to reproduce the full scale and dynamics of a live recording without compression or distortion in a way that no other monitor design can. The BB5-A-C would provide suitable bass response and SPL, whilst the BB5 XBD-A will power the largest of rooms to perfection. The BB5-A-C’s astute design has a narrow front baffle that eradicates the problems of diffraction usually associated with a large main monitor.
- Amplifier Power per Channel: HF 300W , MF 300W , LF 900W
- Available Finishes: Neo Black
- Crossover Frequency: 380Hz & 3.8kHz
- Dimensions: H 1040mm 40.94" W 432mm 17.00" D 790mm 31.10"
- Drive Units: LF 380mm PMC Radial™ driver, MF 75mm PMC fabric dome , HF 34mm PMC soft dome
- Effective ATL™ Length: 4m 13ft
- Useable Frequency Response: 17Hz-25kHz
- Weight: 73kgs 160.6lbs