The Placid Audio Copperphone, unlike full range high fidelity microphones, operates within a limited bandwidth of frequencies which lends a nostalgic quality to the signal. Some might compare the sound to an AM radio or a telephone (please listen to the sound samples provided). The sound is achieved through a combination of vintage telecommunications components and a mechanical filtering effect. The microphone’s element is rear ported into a hollow resonant chamber. As sound passes through the diaphragm and into the hollow chamber, upper mid range frequencies are accentuated while low and high frequencies are reduced. An everyday example of this mechanical filtering effect can be demonstrated by pressing a paper towel tube up to your mouth and talking into it.
- Vintage passive magnetic moving coil transducer
- Tuned ported resonate chamber
- High Quality Switchcraft 3 pin XLR connector
- Adjustable aircraft aluminum mounting bracket to fit North American style stands (will fit European style stands with common threaded adapter)
- Handcrafted in the U.S.A
- Rugged copper housing and components
- Lifetime operational warranty
- Type: Dynamic
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 200Hz – 3kHz
- Impedance: 150 ohms
- Output: 115 +/- 2dB SPL @ 1 kHz
- Dimensions: 2.5 inch x 6 inch
- Weight: 1.75 lbs.