The Phoenix Audio DRS-2 Mic-Pre/DI uses our well proven and loved Class A output stage (DSOP-2), but also has our latest breakthrough in transformerless Class A, Discrete Mic Input Technology which gives a "valve-like" sound. It also incorporates our high input impedance DI circuitry.
The DRS-2 is the culmination of over 40 years experience designing Class A circuitry within the Audio Recording Industry.
The DRS-2 was the first bespoke product to be launched by Phoenix Audio (UK) in the U.K. in November 1999, and has enjoyed an almost “cult” following ever since. The Class A output stage (TF1) was originally designed by David Rees, the designer of the famous Neve 2253 Limiter and 2254 Limiter/compressor (amongst many other designs), as a retrofit for Neve modules, and the TF1 has now been superseded by the DSOP2 output stage
The Class A, discrete, truly balanced, transformerless microphone input stage was designed to out-perform any transformer input for frequency response, yet has all the characteristics expected in a high quality Class A design, while the discrete, Class A, high input-impedance DI stage delivers a clearer, stronger and more defined and open sound that captures all the nuances and subtleties of your instrument.
- Stereo 1U unit: With 240V/110V mains voltage input selector switch
- Class A Output specs. See our DSOP2 Specifications!!
- Outputs: XLR's and TSR 1/4" Jack on rear
- Phoenix Audio’s unique Class A, transformerless, True balanced Mic input stage.
- Microphone inputs: XLR's on Front and Rear Panels
- Individual Earth Lift: Push-button switches
- Gain Range (Mic input): -30 to -70 in 5dB steps With 10dB more available on the fader
- Gain reduction: -30dB push-button Mic/Line switch (Mic input)
- High Input Impedance DI: Mono 1/4" Jack on front panel
- Gain Meter: LED Metering
- Phantom Power: Switchable 48V phantom on Push-button Switches
- High Pass Filter: on Push-button Switch
- Phase Reverse: on Push-button Switch
- Frequency Response Mic Input Stage: -0.4dB @ 40Hz, -0.3dB @ 25kHz
- Frequency Response: DI Input Stage: -0.3dB @ 40Hz, - 0.5dB @ 25kHz
- Typical Headroom: +24dB on Mic-Pre stage
- DI Stage gain: Maximum of 20dB