World class, broadcast quality limiting is an essential requirement for any audio production, and the latest standards also demand true-peak compliance. The Nugen ISL 2 Intersample True-Peak Limiter delivers both, giving you superb sound with complete confidence about meeting the standards. No need to second guess your sample-peak limiter time and again, or deliberately increase headroom to avoid a downstream problem. Just dial in your true-peak limit and let ISL take care of the rest.
ISL is a transparent look-ahead limiter designed to allow you to get on with creative audio production while it takes care of true-peak compliance for you.
ISL uses the standardized true-peak algorithms of ITU-R B.S. 1770 and related standards (including Apple ‘afclip’ true-peak detection), and is suitable for the control of audio for Post Production and Broadcast applications. True-peak limiting can also be used to ensure that down-stream Codecs (mp3, AAC etc.) do not introduce distortion into the signal.
With unique Steering and Ducking meters, ISL 2 guides you to the perfect settings. Whether you are preserving directional integrity, atmospheric ambience or taming a surround centre channel, ISL 2 gives you the information and control you need to achieve your objective with ease. New processing enhancements assess the incoming audio for frequency content and automatically take care of those minor adjustments required when LF content drives the limiter, delivering increased transparency whilst maintaining our renowned reputation of intuitive operation.
- Adjust adjustable look ahead
- Two stage, non-linear adaptive algorithm
- Adjustable channel linking
- Includes Apple afclip True Peak option
- Compatible with ITU-R BS. 1770
- True brick-wall limited output
- Mono through 7.1 surround compatible
- Intelligent adaptive algorithm
- Clear metering
- Multiple diagnostic listen modes
- Accurate, standard compliant I/O metering
- Precise direct numeric maxima
- Adjustable ballistics and color splits