Neve 1073LB Mic Pre
Designed and manufactured in England, the Neve 1073LB retains the unique sonic characteristics of the original 1073 Classic microphone preamplifier by using the same architecture, matching components and original hand-wound transformers. And it delivers it in a modern and portable form-factor that professional producers and engineers demand.
With new features like a fine TRIM control, switchable microphone input impedance, signal presence LED, intelligent protected switching of front combi-XLR input connector and Neve's clever Audio Processing Input design, the 1073LB takes your LunchboxTM to the next level.
Neve 1073LB Features
- Classic transformer microphone preamp amp (Class A design)
- Audio path is absolutely 100% discrete and the same design as the 1073 Classic module mic/pre circuit
- Neve designed hand-wound transformers
- Both Mic and Line inputs are transformer balanced and earth free
- Gain knob with Signal Presence LED
- +5/-10dB level Trim control with integrated phantom power on/off switch
- Phase, Impedance and Front Input selector switches
- Front combi-XLR connector with intelligent switching of phantom power
- Audio Processing Insert design allows processing from adjacent Neve modules in same Lunchbox to be inserted into the 1073LB's pre-output stage
- Microphone Input: Gain -80db to -20dB in 5dB steps
- Line Input: Input impedance 4k ohms bridging, gain -20dB to +10dB in 5dB steps
- Output is transformer balanced and earth free
- Distortion: Not more than 0.07% from 50Hz to 10kHz at +20dBu output
- (80kHz bandwidth)
- Freq Response: ±0.5dB 20Hz to 20kHz, -3dB at 40kHz
- Crafted in England by Neve engineers
Note: The Neve 1073LB will not work with the A Designs 500HR 2 Slot rack or the Empirical Labs EL500 2 Slot 500 Series Rack due the physical size of the slots in those particular racks not being able to accommodate the dimensions of the module. The module will fit in all other new 500 series racks that we carry.
The Neve 1073LBEQ provides a Neve 1073 EQ circuit in a single 500-series module. The 1073 is widely considered the world’s premier mic preamp & EQ module, delivering the unique Neve sound featured on some of the most famous recordings of the past 40 years.
Neve 1073LBEQ Equalizer
The big, punchy sound of the classic Neve 1073 module complements any musical genre, from rock to rap, jazz to classical. Its lush sound with classic Neve signature makes it the consummate mic-pre/EQ module for recording vocals, guitars, and acoustic instruments of all descriptions. With the 1073LBEQ module, the highly sought-after classic EQ sound is now available in a 500-series form-factor.
Neve 1073LBEQ Features
- Legendary 3-band EQ design
- When integrated with 1073LB preamp, the combination is 100% discrete and = genuine 1073 mic pre/EQ
- Rotary controls provide accurate adjustment of the 1073 3-band EQ and High Pass Filter
- Signal presence LED illuminates green from a level of -25dB and red from a level of +24dB
- Switch for EQ IN/OUT function, with LED indication
- Electronically balanced classic Neve circuits used in Line Input and Line Output stages for standalone module use. These stages are bypassed and the 1073LBEQ module is 100% discrete when combined with the 1073LB mic preamp
- Audio Processing Insert design allows the audio to/from the 1073LBEQ module to be inserted into the audio path of an existing 1073LB (modules must be fitted in the same rack)
- High frequency concentric knobs perform two functions: HF shelf control and High Pass Filter control
- Fully screened module packaged in Mu-metal case eliminates stray electromagnetic fields from Lunchbox PSU or other module types
The 1073LBEQ provides the legendary sound of Neve in a remarkably simple format. A Line level input feeds an electronically balanced EQ circuit with 3-bands of adjustable EQ and a High Pass filter, which can easily be switched in/out. The output is also an electronically balanced Line level output. A signal presence LED and Neve’s clever Audio Processing Insert design is also integrated into the module.
The 1073LBEQ can be modified to work as an inserted process with an existing 1073LB mic pre module. A modification is required inside both units and a cable, which is supplied with the 1073LBEQ module, is needed to connect the LB mic pre to the LB EQ. The result of this is a genuine 1073 mic/pre input -> EQ -> output audio path when in this mode. Revolutionary!
This mono unit is the perfect solution for studios and audio engineers looking to bring in the very essence of the Neve 1073 EQ sound to their portable racks.
Note: The Neve 1073LBEQ will not work with the A Designs 500HR 2 Slot rack or the Empirical Labs EL500 2 Slot 500 Series Rack due the physical size of the slots in those particular racks not being able to accommodate the dimensions of the module. The module will fit in all other new 500 series racks that we carry.
Neve 2264ALB Compressor/LimiterCrafted in England by Neve engineers, the Neve 2264ALB retains the unique sonic characteristics of the original 2264A by using the same architecture, matching components and original hand-wound transformers as its classic counterpart and adds new features: a Signal Presence indicator LED and a Slow Attack option. And it delivers it in a modern and portable form-factor which professional producers and engineers demand.
Simply install into an empty slot in your compatible 500 Series rack, connect your line level signals and inject the legendary Neve dynamic sound into your audio creations. And it's the perfect pairing for the incredible Neve 1073LB microphone pre amp module. The 2264ALB module can be inserted between the input and output stages of the 1073LB module, creating an all-new Neve classic audio path.
Classic… and Revolutionary.
Neve 2264ALB Features
- Classic mono Limiter/Compressor, available in a 500-series format
- Transformer-coupled circuits used in Input, Bridge-driver, Side-chain and Output stages
- Independent Limiter and Compressor IN/OUT selectors
- BYPASS switch connects input terminals directly to output terminals
- Slow Attack switch changes between classic 2264A attack settings and new Slow Attack setting for buss compression work
- Digital LED meter with approximate PPM ballistics indicates 0dB to 20dB of gain reduction
- Audio Processing Insert design allows the audio to/from the 2264ALB module to be inserted into the audio path of an existing 1073LB (modules must be fitted in the same rack chassis)