For many years the analog version of the TLM 103 has played an important role for ambitious home recording and project studios. This microphone has made the Neumann sound available to a broad spectrum of demanding audio engineers and musicians. The Neumann TLM 103 D provides all of the sound features of its analog counterpart, in addition to the advantages of digital circuit technology described above.
- The legendary Neumann sound in the digital realm
- Pure Neumann capsule sound
- The satisfaction of recording the uncolored original, with no "bottlenecks" between the capsule and the recording system
- The guarantee of having one of the best A/D converters available
- Anti-clipping processing ensures handling safety, and reduces stress
- Reduced time requirements and personnel costs, particularly due to faster post production processing
- Lower investment costs, since separate A/D converters and preamps are no longer needed - this also means space and weight savings (e.g. in the OB van)