The Neumann N 248 supplies one stereo microphone, or two mono condenser microphones with 48 V phantom power (P48). All connectors are of XLR 3 type. The audio signal outputs are DC-free. The 5 directional patterns of the TLM 170 R can be remote controlled with rotary switches.
The remote control operates by varying the nominal phantom voltage of 48 V over a range of ± 3 V (patented). As in standard operation, cable lengths up to 300 m are permissible. Set to P48, all conventional microphones can be used as well.
Even mixed operation is possible, with one channel remote controlling a TLM 170 R, while the second output supplies a conventional microphone.
- Mains voltage EU: 230 V/50 Hz
- Mains voltage US: 117 V/60 Hz
- Mains voltage UK: 230 V/50 Hz
- DC voltage input: 5 - 15 V
- Power consumption: max 3 VA
- DC voltage output: 48 V +/- 3 V each
- Current output: max 5 mA each
- 143 x 38 x 103 mm
- 415 g