This is Maschine
Create tight rhythms, harmonies and melodies in moments with MASCHINE - the groundbreaking instrument that combines a pattern-based sequencer, professional sampler, multi-effect unit and VST/AU plug-in host with tactile control.
Experience a fully creative workflow with the integrated hardware/software system, combining the flexibility of computer-based music production with straightforward, two-handed control for composing, performing, browsing, sampling, slicing, sound-shaping and tweaking effects.
Studio Production Center
Make MASCHINE the centerpiece of your studio set-up. With direct access to all software functions via the intuitive hardware, you can easily browse, load, tweak, play, arrange, and automate all sampler, plug-in and effect parameters with full hands-on control.
With MASCHINE you can also control and sequence all of your external hardware instruments, or switch to MIDI mode to control other software. Once your track is ready, drag and drop your patterns as MIDI or audio files directly into your DAW to finalize and mix your production. You’ll soon realize MASCHINE is a powerhouse capable of revolutionizing the way you make music.
Creative Performance Tool
MASCHINE is the ultimate performance tool for creative musicians. The controller is super-sturdy yet easily portable. The highly responsive, multi-color pads are addictively playable, and the click buttons, the rotary encoders and the master push encoder provide point perfect control. Two back-lit, high-contrast displays provide optimum visibility so you always know what's going on – even in the most demanding situations.
Use MASCHINE as an instrument and/or MIDI controller for performing your own tracks, or sync it with other gear likeTRAKTOR PRO 2 to add more dynamics to your live set. The colored pads and buttons let you see your sounds, making the workflow smoother than ever while providing irresistible eye-candy on stage. Perform with MASCHINE once, and you'll never want to leave home without it..
Supreme Sounds Inside
MASCHINE comes with over 6 GB of ready-to-use, professional and inspiring sounds. Create rhythms and melodies right away with the included drum kits, one-shot samples, basses, synths and acoustic instruments – all fully tagged for easy browsing.
With the 1.8 MASCHINE update, all MASCHINE users get the legendaryMASSIVE* synthesizer – a sonic monster for basses and leads with 1,300 earth-shattering sounds – worth $199 alone. MASCHINE also includesKOMPLETE ELEMENTS, providing more than 1,000 stunning sounds from the flagshipKOMPLETE 8 andKOMPLETE 8 ULTIMATE, and a $30/25€ e-voucher to use towards additional KOMPLETE Instruments and Effects or MASCHINE Expansions.
Fully Integrated Concept
MASCHINE is the tactile control center for your productions. Use it in your production or performance environment, and get the most out of both worlds: hardware playability and cutting-edge digital technology.
- With the fully integrated hardware you control every function and parameter of the software running on your computer, making your workflow super fast and smooth
- Convenient integration as a plug-in into any VST, AU or RTAS supported DAW
- Total recall of all parameters either in standalone mode or as a plug-in
- Browse and load all instrument and effect presets from KOMPLETE 8 directly from the hardware – use the 8 knobs to filter results to quickly get you to the sound you want
- Frequent software updates means MASCHINE continues to evolve to fit your production needs
The controller channels your creative impulses into total interaction with the software, offering an ultra-fast workflow, instant portability and a very high fun factor.
- Load your samples, effects and plug-ins and control them with the pads and knobs - there’s no need to touch the computer’s mouse or keyboard
- 16 highly-sensitive, back-lit, multi-color pads with velocity and after-touch, colors freely-assignable to Sounds, Patterns, Groups, and Scenes
- Master push encoder plus 8 rotary encoders with higher-than-MIDI-resolution for true analog feel and realtime multi-parameter tweaking
- 47 buttons with click-action for direct control of all software functions, with shift function for even more control possibilities
- Two 64 x 256 pixel back-lit, high-contrast displays with wide viewing angle – instantly find the information you need, even in the darkest club situation
- Bus powered hardware via USB 2.0, integrated MIDI I/O interface, plus Kensington lock Dimensions: 320 x 295 x 60 mm / 12.6 x 11.6 x 2.4"
- Weight: 1811 Grams / 4 lbs
Create rhythms, bass lines, chords and melodies easily, and then arrange them into complete tracks as you go via the sequencer controlled directly from dedicated buttons and knobs on the hardware.
- Two modes: XOX drum machine step sequencer and MPC®-style live recording
- Clip-based concept for intuitive arrangement of your project into scenes and songs, with assignable color-coding for instant overview
- Classic groove box functions such as 16 velocity levels, swing (sounds, groups, global), pad-link, and note repeat
- Use one button and 8 knobs to automate sampler, effects or plug-in parameters simultaneously in real time
- Select and edit note events directly from the controller for efficient workflow
- MIDI In and Out for sequencing external soft- or hardware, or connecting an external MIDI keyboard for playing complex melodic ideas
MASCHINE is based on a high-performance sampler with tactile editing, allowing audio recording of internal or external sources, and precise sample playback.
- Sample-length and number of samples only limited by your computer's RAM capacity
- Polyphony up to 32 voices for each sound, with choke, legato and glide options
- Powerful slicing by transient detection, fixed grid or equal splits with automatic pad assignment
- Offline timestretch and pitchshifting with automatic BPM detection
- Destructive sample editing (e.g. truncate, normalize, reverse, etc)
- Convenient import of own samples, REX2 files and MPC® programs
- Vintage Sampling Modes emulating the sound of the MPC60* and SP1200*
- Optimized recovery of lost samples – point MASCHINE to the new location and it will automatically update the location for all samples in that project
- Supports up to 24-bit/192kHz audio when using a high-quality audio interface like KOMPLETE AUDIO 6
Plug-in hosting / Komplete 8 Integration
MASCHINE hosts any VST or Audio Units plug-ins from Native Instruments or any other manufacturer. Try it out with MASSIVE** – the renowned bass and lead synthesizer included with MASCHINE. Integration is seamless with all instruments and effects in KOMPLETE 8, KOMPLETE 8 ULTIMATE, and KOMPLETE ELEMENTS.
- Native support for the new 'NIS' NI sound format - browse and load the presets of all KOMPLETE 8 Instruments and Effects directly from MASCHINE's hardware browser
- One instrument and up to 4 effect plug-ins can be opened in each sound slot – 16 sound slots are available in each of the 8 groups
- Real auto-map: MASCHINE automatically maps the plug-in parameters to the controller knobs
Sample Library & Browser
A sophisticated and easy–to-use browser lets you tag your own imported samples and gives you instant access to any sound from the extensive MASCHINE library. Assign color coding throughout the library for ‘visual tagging’ which is also displayed on the pads.
- Over 6 GB of sounds including 18,000 samples, 7,000 one-shots, 400 loops, 300 drum kits with 1,400 patterns, 388 sampled instruments, 189 FX/multi-FX presets, and 60 demo projects
- Contains multi-sampled acoustic instruments of all genres such as pianos, organs, strings, brass and much more
- Browse and load projects, patterns, kits, sounds and effects conveniently from the hardware, including all KOMPLETE 8 presets without touching your computer’s keyboard or mouse
- Swap kits while keeping patterns: try out your beat with new sounds
MASCHINE's built-in effects section contains a powerful arsenal of studio-quality effects to shape and supercharge your sound.
- 23 high-quality effects – including TRANSIENT MASTER, Tape and Tube Saturators, reverbs, filters and EQs plus creative tools such as Grain-Delay, Ice Verb, Freq Shifter
- Convenient automation and editing of all parameters
- Chain up to four effects at once, or select a sampler or VST /AU instrument, followed by three chainable effects
- Easily use NI or 3rd party VST /AU effect plug-ins within MASCHINE, e.g GUITAR RIG PLAYER amps and effects
Produce the whole instrumental track in MASCHINE and then move it in seconds to your DAW for final arranging and mixing.
- As a plug-in, MASCHINE retains all of its capabilities including total recall and routing up to 16 stereo outs to your host's mixer
- Host Transport Control – run MASCHINE as a plug-in, and the transport controls on the hardware control transport in your DAW
- Drag and drop audio or MIDI files directly to your DAW, or drag samples directly from your computer into MASCHINE’s sound slots
- Export note events as MIDI files
- Import iMASCHINE projects, REX files and MPC programs
- Group Macro Controls: Assign any parameter of the dedicated group (i.e. filter, envelope, any effect parameter) to the 8 knobs on the hardware or to your host sequencer for automation
- Instant navigation: Open several instances of MASCHINE in your host sequencer and easily switch between them using just one controller
- Add MASCHINE MIKRO to your setup in parallel with MASCHINE – for additional hands-on control of your DAW
- Conveniently bounce songs or individual patterns as 8-, 16- and 24-bit WAV files, or drag and drop them directly to your DAW