Users choose Mytek 8X96 converters primarily for their outstanding sound quality. The sound of Mytek converters can be described as "transparent". We design our converters to be as faithful to the signal as possible, rather than follow philosophy of some other manufacturers who offer "analog" or "tube" sounding converters. Mytek converters are closest to a straight wire, which is especially evident when used at full 24/96 resolution. Sonically they are equal or better than the most expensive mastering converters. Even when used in 16 bit mode, the Stereo96 converters produce 20dB (10 times) less distortion than typical converters found in budget recording equipment. On Mytek website you can find and download various sound samples to evaluate Stereo96 series sound quality and compare it to the sound of other high end converter units.
Mytek Stereo96 ADC features include:
- 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96kHz internal sampling frequencies
- Ext. wordclock sync 25-100kHz or 256x Superclock(tm)
- 120dB Dynamic Range
- 24 bit resolution
- High performance SuperShaper-HR™ psychoacoustic noise-shaping algorithm for 16 bit output
- Switchable precision 10 turn-trimpots or input gain knob
- Wordclock output can be used as a hi-end house clock.