The Mutec MC-8 and MC-8.1 are extremely flexible, high-performance 8 channel AES3-AES3id digital audio and sampling rate converters.The MC-8 converts and distributes unidirectionally AES3 to AES3id signals, whereas the MC-8.1 works in the opposite conversion direction. Both devices process digital audio signals up to 192.0 kHz in all operation modes. Based on latest FPGA designs, the MC-8 and MC-8.1 achieve levels of performance regarding their signal qualities, unique flexibilities, clocking features and their 8 channel sampling rate conversion engines (SRC), which are outstanding in today’s industry!
Various operation modes enable the use of the MC-8 and MC-8.1 in many applications. Apart from the standard function to convert four individual AES3 or AES3id stereo signals into the appropriate other interface standard, the devices can also change the clock rates of the input signals between 32.0 kHz – 192.0 kHz at the same time. Additionally both MC-8 units offer signal distribution and splitting functions. Thus, only one input signal can be distributed to all four outputs and its clock rate can be converted at the same time into a different one. Or each of two independent input signals can be split to two outputs. Thus, the MC-8 or MC-8.1 works as double AES3 splitter, with or without sampling rate conversion
The SRC engine is synchronizable to Word Clock, AES11, any digital audio input and the internal, low-jitter clock base in every operation mode. When using the MC-8 or MC-8.1 with their SRCs locked to an external reference, the built-in HOLD, or so-called "fly-wheel" function secures interruption-free audio conversions even in cases of an unstable or absent clock reference!
This all makes the MC-8 and MC-8.1 for sure the most flexible and useful AES3 to AES3id digital audio converters allowing to handle any conversion application with ease.
- Convert AES3 to AES3id (MC-8), or vice versa (MC-8.1), on 8 channels
- Work also as signal splitter or distributor
- Sampling rate conversions between 32.0 kHz and 192.0 kHz
- Extract and re-generates clock signals out of digital audio signals
- Improve audio quality of connected devices
- Accept all Word Clock and AES11 clock references from 32.0 kHz to 192.0 kHz
- Separate AES11 reference clock input
- Various options for external synchronization
- Protect from reference signal dropouts and losses
- Supply interruption-free audio output signals in SRC mode
- Internal low-jitter reference clock (< 1 ppm), aligned to AES11, Grade 1
- Easy to configure
- User settings will be stored in FLASH memory after switching-off
- Rack space saving ½ 19" case allowing for mounting two devices side by side in one rack unit
- Built-in international power supply