The Mutec MC-2 comes basically as an AES/EBU distribution amplifier. Additionally AES/EBU ID interfaces are available to offer conversions between both interface standards. Using latest PLL and conversion techniques, MC-2 processes digital audio signals aligned to AES3 and AES3 ID and reference sync signals aligned to AES11 and AES11 ID including all usual clock rates from 32 kHz to 192 kHz. Each interface standard offers one input whereas AES/EBU can be distributed to 6 outputs and AES/EBU ID to 2 outputs.
Various operation modes enable the use of MC-2 in a wide range of applications. An input reference signal will be distributed to all outputs simultaneously. In this process, a conversion between the AES/EBU and the AES/EBU ID interfaces will be done automatically.
A supplied AES3 digital audio signal can be converted in realtime into an AES11 digital sync signal and distributed through all outputs. To keep the original AES3 signal for further use, the first output of the according interface standard can be switched to pass the original signal separately without any format changes.
The voltage of the outputs of the AES/EBU ID interface can be switched from standard 1V to 3V to enable very long cable runs.
MC-2 is mountable in a 19" rack system by using our optional rack adapters. All functions can be set convenient from the front panel with help of a simple user interface. The device is shipped in a rugged aluminum housing and meets CE, UL and FCC, part 15, specifications.
- AES/EBU and AES/EBU ID interfaces in one box
- Supports all audio-related clock rates between 32 kHz and 192 kHz
- All interfaces meet the specifications of the according AES + AES ID standards
- Signal improvement by low-jitter PLLs
- Converting from AES3 to AES11
- Detects and monitors all studio sampling rates between 32 kHz and 192 kHz
- Reference pass functionality
- Input lock detection
- Simple user interface
- Built-in international power supply