The MunroSonic EGG150 is the original EGG Monitoring System, incorporating a fundamental rethink of the loudspeaker engineering process. Replacing the traditional box shape with a unique and scientifically proven, curved design to virtually eliminate diffraction and resonant effects that would otherwise distort and artificially color the original sound.
The EGG150 Monitoring System features a pair of analogue EGG speakers with a custom-designed amplifier control unit. Housing all of the electronics inside the amp, rather than inside the EGGs themselves, allows us to maintain the EGG shape on the inside as well as the outside of the speaker chassis.
Each EGG is made with a rigid and resonant-neutral monocoque shell and equipped with a 150mm LF driver and a 25mm HF tweeter. There are blue LEDs above the tweeter in order to assist the user in finding the listening sweet spot upon set up, and can be switched off at the back of the amplifier once the system is set up.
The EGG150 includes custom-designed Nests for the EGGs to sit in. These serve several functions and are intended to facilitate the exact alignment of the speakers in any operational situation.
The contoured surface allows axis tilting either forward or back without obstruction of the base port or cable entry. The material is rubber, as used in proprietary shock mounts and isolation pads.
The EGG150 includes custom-designed Nests for the EGGs to sit in. These serve several functions and are intended to facilitate the exact alignment of the speakers in any operational situation. The contoured surface allows axis tilting either forward or back without obstruction of the base port or cable entry. The material is rubber, as used in proprietary shock mounts and isolation pads.
Custom-Designed Amplifier Control Unit:
The amplifier control unit delivers a perfect bi-amplified power match to the EGG drive units, and also boasts a Class A headphone amp as well as an AUX connection for adding an external CD or media player for reference listening. The amplifier offers LF and HF trim pots for each channel to tweak the sound for personal taste and your listening environment, while the front panel has a mid-band control to emulate the mid-range response of both HiFi and NS10 type speakers.
Connectivity from the amplifier to the EGGs comes courtesy of the two included 3m Speakon cables, while the amp's main inputs are balanced XLR. The amplifier's AUX input has Phono connections and has a dedicated volume control with a source selection switch.
- Unique monocoque shell construction (rigid and resonant neutral)
- Near zero diffraction interference (smooth frequency response)
- No internal standing waves (greatly reduced smearing)
- Perfect bass port integration (superb transient response)
- Free standing control unit and integrated amplification with 3m matched speaker cables
- Dual input switching and level control
- Ultra fast and low distortion (4*50W) with 100W/Channel headroom indicator
- Precise 'sweet spot' – unique LED locator guide beams
- EGG Nest base with adjustable vertical alignment (allows for perfect sweet spot in both vertical and horizontal planes)
- Precision trim pots for bass (LF) and High Frequency (HF) calibration
- Critical Mid Frequency equalisation for ‘Hard’, ‘Soft’ or ‘Reference’ (0) listening