The Mojave Audio MA-101fet is a small diaphragm, solid-state condenser microphone with interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional capsules. Designed by renowned microphone designer David Royer, the MA101fet combines the features of two of Mojave Audio's popular models - the cardioid and omnidirectional capsules from the MA-100 with the electronics from the MA-201fet. New to the MA-101fet is an internally switchable -15dB pad, increasing the headroom to an ear shattering 135dB SPL. This makes the MA-101fet suitable for everything from capturing the subtle nuances of acoustic instruments to the loudest of electric guitars and drums - great for location recording, too.
Featuring hand selected, three-micron cardioid and omni capsules, a high quality Jensen audio transformer and military-grade FET and custom designed low noise resistors; the MA-101fet is designed to offer excellent performance for a wide variety of applications. Each MA-101fet microphone is carefully tested and evaluated, then packaged in its protective case.
- Interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional hand-selected 3-micron capsules
- Internally switchable -15dB attenuator
- Jensen audio transformer
- Military-grade FET
- Custom designed low-noise resistors
- Ultra clean signal path
- Acoustic instruments
- Location recording
- High SPL sources, such as kick drums and bass guitar amps
- Electric guitars
- Snare drums, toms, drum overheads
- Capsules: Interchangeable cardioid and omnidirectional
- Diaphragm: .8" (20.5 mm) diameter
- Diaphragm thickness: 3-micron
- Frequency response: 30 Hz - 18 kHz +/- 2.5 dB
- Sensitivity: -39 dB re.1V/pa +/- 1.5 dB
- Maximum SPL: 125 dB pad off, 140dB pad on.
- Distortion: <1% @ 120dB pad off, <1 % @ 135dB pad on
- Self noise: 14 dB nominal, not to exceed 16 dB (A weighted)
- Impedance: 550 ohms, transformer balanced (Jensen)
- Power requirements: 48VDC phantom power; .68 mA wall current