The Millennia TCL-2 delivers the stellar, transparent sonics of the beloved Millennia Twincom in plugin form. The original hardware Twincom features Millennia’s “Twin Topology” technology, which gives users the ability to select either a full tube, or full J-FET/solid-state signal path. Both the complete tube and solid-state signal paths have been faithfully modeled in the plugin version. In addition, the plugin version provides the ability to process Mid (M) and Side (S) information separately, as well as a Dry / Wet signal control for each individual channel.
The plugin version of the TCL-2 captures the tone of both of these circuit paths, bringing the Millennia sound to the DAW-based producer/engineer. From the transformer-less signal path, to the lower, tighter gain and threshold structure, to its unique single amplifier design, every aspect of the original hardware has been faithfully emulated in the plugin version.
For the producer/mixer/engineer, the TCL-2 can be used for everything from ultra transparent peak control to some pretty crazy, stomped on and pumping compression effects. Mastering Engineers will love the precise control of compression parameters, the M/S processing capabilities and, above all, the stellar sonics.
- Two paths to perfection with Twin Topology™
- Stereo optical compressor/limiter with unprecedented sonic purity & integrity
- All triode 300 V vacuum tube signal path or...
- All discrete J-FET solid state signal path
- Both topologies are entirely transformer-less, high voltage, pure Class A circuitry
- Minimalist design: only one active stage in the audio path
- Threshold: - Infinity to + 20 dBu
- Ratio: 2 : 1 to 30 : 1 (tolerance modeling produces a ratio as low as 1.4:1)
- Attack: 2 to 100 ms
- Release: 100 ms to 3 s