Unlike any tube pre you've heard before, the Millennia M-2B features a unique transformerless design, giving it a gentle voice that stands out in the preamp crowd. It's a departure from the precise and pure Millennia HV-3 solid-state series, and, at the same time, it offers something different from the color-stacked, big-mojo personality that comes to mind when you think "tube pre." The M-2B is subtle. It's detailed. It's like a splash of tube character, just enough to add that "something" you want from a tube pre, but not so much as to overbear or take over the show. Think three-dimensional tube texture without a loss of detail. That's the Millennia M-2B.
- Subtle, gentle tube texture
- Millennia gear is made for detail
Subtle, gentle tube texture
The Millennia M-2B proves that tube character can exist on a spectrum. It doesn't have to be an either/or of full-on, in-your face color on one end with ultra-clean amplification on the other. The M-2B occupies somewhere in between, making it a standout for engineers wanting something special, something different. Thanks to the M-2B's unique transformerless design, you can get a splash of tube texture and musicality, a bit of a glow, without losing the detail you want, too. Easy does it.
Millennia gear is made for detail
Founder and chief designer John LaGrou takes the same approach to his exceptional audio gear as he does to the wine he cultivates in the California countryside. Detail matters, it's everything. Whether in a vintage of wine or your multi-track mix, taken together, those details can make a major difference in the end result. Millennia equipment celebrates those fine, subtle points, bringing you gear that's built with uncompromising quality to deliver purity in music.
- Stereo tube preamplifier
- High-speed transformerless, pure Class A, 350-volt triode design
- Differential topology: no attenuator "pads" required
- >35 dBu output headroom
- High-resolution gain control
- Precision potentiometers, ultra-premium components
- Gold audio connectors, tube sockets, and relays
- 3/8"-thick radius extruded aluminum face plate
- Durable mirror-gloss anodized finish
- Military-spec sixteen-gauge cold-rolled steel chassis
- Ultra-clean toroid power supply: internal sub-chassis
- Hand-machined aluminum knobs & Illuminated IT&T push buttons
- Mogami Neglex OFC audio wiring
- Silver Teflon power wiring