The CV4 utilizes the MK9 capsule developed by Miktek.
This unique capsule features dual 1-inch diaphragms manufactured using 5-micron Mylar with a 0.4-micron layer of evaporated gold, which is precisely tensioned, mounted to carefully-tuned back-plates, and set back-to-back to create the final capsule. Tight tolerances and special attention to precise machining of the back-plate produce a linear off-axis response that ensures the accuracy of the microphone.
The heart and soul of the CV4’s head amplifier is the AMI BT4 transformer, which offers a classic sound and an extended low frequency response found in the earliest versions of the most famous vintage tube microphones. Together with an original NOS (new-old-stock) Telefunken EF800 tube, in which the high-voltage circuit has been uniquely implemented, the microphone challenges the performance of the best-in-class industry standards without hesitation.
The Miktek CV4 is hand-built using components from the US, Europe and Asia, and is tested and packaged in Nashville, Tennessee, USA. Each microphone includes its serialized frequency response graph created during final testing.
The CV4 is packaged with its swivel mount in a wooden box, which is set inside an aluminum case with the included power supply unit, 7-pin XLR cable and shock mount.
- Classic Large-diaphragm Tube Condenser Design
- MK9 Dual 1-inch Capsule with 5-micron Mylar, Evaporated Gold Diaphragms
- Nine Selectable Pick-up Patterns
- AMI BT4 Transformer
- Original NOS Telefunken EF800 Tube
- Individual serialized Frequency Response Graph
- External Power Supply and 7-pin XLR Cable
- Wood Presentation Case with swivel-mount, shock-mount and rugged aluminum carrying case