What is Horus? Horus might be one of the worlds most sonically transparent mic pres. Horus might also be one of the most phenomenal AD/DA boxes on the market. Horus could very well be the ultimate answer to anyone wanting analog/AES/MADI interconnectivity in the room they work in. It is a revolution in bang-for-buck technology and is set to become the de-facto audio I/O device for the media industries.
But, in reality, Horus is much, much more. Using Ravenna technology, Horus brings to the table the possibility to interconnect your entire facility using nothing more than a standard RJ45 connector. Once in Ravenna mode, the Horus box simply becomes a node on a network, one that can be instantly called to be an input, an output, or a combination of both.
Using standard network connections, switches and connectors, Horus and other Ravenna-enabled devices can be placed on a network and interconnected IN ANY WAY YOU CAN IMAGINE.
- 64 MADI I/O (Optical or Coaxial)
- 24 AES/EBU I/O (on DSub 25)
- RAVENNA I/O (on RJ45)
- SYNC - LTC/MTC/VideoRef/Wck (requires CON-D15-VTC cable)
- 6 option slots for AD8D/AD8DP and DA8/DA8P cards
- 1 option slot for MADI expansion option
- AD8D and AD8DP standard and premium Mic/Line Input cards
- DA8 and DA8P standard and premium Line Output cards
- MADI expansion card delivering 64 additional MADI channels
- Redundant power supply option
- RS-422 and GPIO option card (In Development)
The ability to choose the amount of I/O that each Horus unit is capable of saves money without diminishing the level of quality. Choose to add any of the option modules to your Horus and create the ultimate audio interface for your studio, whatever the size. Once the Horus is fully loaded with option cards, it is capable of achieving an astonishing, simultaneous 176 inputs and 178 outputs @1FS.
- Up to 24 world-class mic preamps in a 2u chassis
- Remote-controllable gain over Ethernet
- Integrated control and routing with the Pyramix Mixer interface
- 24 AD/DA converters capable of sample-rates from 44.1 to 384kHz to DXD/DSD
- Low-power build perfect for power conscious installations
- Auto-mute circuitry for power cycling click prevention
- Comes standard with 1xMADI, 24xAES and Ravenna I/O
- Sync (LTC/MIDI/RS422) over Ethernet
- Lock to an ultra-low jitter, individually calibrated internal sync clock OR
- Use an external Wordclock or Video Reference (SD/HD) source OR
- Lock to a PTP master on a RAVENNA network.
- Front panel touch-screen interface for local control over routing/gains/sync