The McDSP 4040 Retro Limiter combines a look-ahead brick wall limiter function with several subjective treatments to make the limiting action subtle, and yet vintage.
All Retro plug-ins use a McDSP designed output stage topology to eliminate digital clipping at any output level and produce a smoother distortion characteristic. This feature is in addition to the analog saturation modeling that has made McDSP famous over the last decade.
Retro plug-ins are a line of ‘classics’ that can live up to their own name without emulating something else.
- Unique original algorithms with transparent yet vintage sound
- Up to 36 dB of signal gain
- Anti-clip output stage topology
- Analog saturation modeling
- Double precision processing
- Low latency
- Mono and stereo versions
Retro Pack includes:
- 4020 Retro EQ
- 4030 Retro Compressor
- 4040 Retro Limiter
- Pre-programmed McDSP green iLok